• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AV-8B Harrier II Plus

hey guys I finished up the harrier today, Hasegawa kit 1.48 , paint is craft acrylics

1zco3u0.jpg

2503ucl.jpg

al0obm.jpg

2ij465t.jpg

2ni1p9z.jpg

20r4uw7.jpg

2zofzte.jpg

t89i4n.jpg

20ky8gw.jpg

1zfiq6t.jpg

25q7yol.jpg

I like it a lot but since we did not get any inprogress info , you might fill us in on the paint.

Like where to get it and how to use it ?????

Not exactly a paint I recognise for most builders.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks!

It's just the cheapo paints from the dollar store or Michaels, this is craft smart brand, my thinner is 50/50 blue washer fluid/ water and a few drops of glycerin. How much you add to the paint is normally also 50/50 thinner/ paint, but not always, just need to experiment along with air pressure. on this I made the paint thin and only sprayed at 8-10 psi. using the badger 105

I tried 1 bottle of Vallejo air A few years ago and didn't like it. It was like rubber that peeled off! This cheap stuff dries dead flat, blast it with the hair dryer and you can't even wash it off with out really scrubbing it. I use my usual dupli-color lacquer clear to seal everything for decaling and finish off with Grumbacher matte varnish.

Thanks!

It's just the cheapo paints from the dollar store or Michaels, this is craft smart brand, my thinner is 50/50 blue washer fluid/ water and a few drops of glycerin. How much you add to the paint is normally also 50/50 thinner/ paint, but not always, just need to experiment along with air pressure. on this I made the paint thin and only sprayed at 8-10 psi. using the badger 105

I tried 1 bottle of Vallejo air A few years ago and didn't like it. It was like rubber that peeled off! This cheap stuff dries dead flat, blast it with the hair dryer and you can't even wash it off with out really scrubbing it. I use my usual dupli-color lacquer clear to seal everything for decaling and finish off with Grumbacher matte varnish.

So, you're saying windshield washer fluid , not Windex ....

Very interesting :) . Good info. Never heard of this . Thank you . :good:

Cheers, Christian

Back