• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Armoured Fury

Teaker11

Another good issue, but can I make a suggestion? add a couple more pages of models finished by members, This would be a good boost to the modeler and could start chat between different modelers.
Just an idea.

Teaker11 wrote:
Another good issue, but can I make a suggestion? add a couple more pages of models finished by members, This would be a good boost to the modeler and could start chat between different modelers.
Just an idea.

Suggestions are always welcome. B)

I have to say IMO, that I think there are quite a few pages in this issue, six to be exact, with three or four models on each page for a grand total of twenty one finished models!

We can only publish what people share in the 'Show Case' forum or their respective group build threads etc. and if it isn't in this months, it may have just missed the deadline and will be in next months.

All I can say is the more finished models posted, the more there are to include, I even see a few from 'new' members or at least new to Armored Fury. If anyone feels we've missed a model here or there, please bring it to our attention. With all that goes on behind the scenes, we may have missed it.

:peace

Teaker11 wrote:
Just an idea.

Hi Teaker11, :Hiay

Thanks for the feedback and most appreciated.

I do try and get as many completed models included that I can in each issue and it is one reason why some sections like the "Work in Progress" section has largely been dropped apart from very special builds.

Unfortunately there are some limits -

Sometimes I do miss some threads :eek:hmy: (I try and go through just about every thread over the last month), other threads use remote image websites (like Imageshack) and when I go to get the image I sometimes get "quota exceeded" etc or the image has been moved and I can't get to it... or the photo is not of the best quality (out of focus, yellow image, too dark, too bright), or most importantly, there isn't a photo of the entire model.

I really would like to include each and every new kit that members do but we simply can't put every new model kit into the issue, especially as T&T grows. Although the AF ezine is slowly growing in size, there is still room to grow, and we still have the option of HD and SD versions if members want to download a smaller issue size.

I try to include all ranges of kits (not just armour) and from as many different members as I can (from new to old members).

We also will sometimes have special sections like this month's AME 2010 article that will then reduce the size of other sections.

As Ken has stated above, If you or any T&T member finds any kits that I have missed in an issue, then by all means, send me or any of the mods a PM or email pointing out the model. I am also more than happy for members to participate in and provide more input into AF. If any member wishes to become a regular contributor (both articles or even just links to kits in the forums), then by all means send me a message and we can sort out the arrangements.

Also, note that included models don't have to be from the last month....

John

tanktrax wrote:
other threads use remote image websites (like Imageshack) and when I go to get the image I sometimes get "quota exceeded" etc or the image has been moved and I can't get to it... or the photo is not of the best quality (out of focus, yellow image, too dark, too bright), or most importantly, there isn't a photo of the entire model.

this is one reason I have been strongly suggesting the use of the Tanks and Things Gallery system.

As always it was a great issue........ You mentioned reporting on events does that include local smaller events with say only 300 plus entries?

modelguru wrote:
As always it was a great issue........ You mentioned reporting on events does that include local smaller events with say only 300 plus entries?

Hi Modelguru,

Thanks for the feedback.

The size of the show doesn't matter. If members want to do an article then all are welcome. If you are happy to write up a small article about the actual show and provide 12-15 pictures with a description/perspective of each - it doesn't have to be as extensive as what Rob did on the AME2010, but some basic information of what the model is and if it won prizes would be useful.

I think members would be interested in shows from all around the world - to get different perspectives and variety on what modellers do and think.

OR

If you want to show lots of images then it's probably better to use the forum.

OR

Do both! ;)

My long term hope for AF is that members provide most of the actual content, and I just have to put the ezine together :laugh: As you can tell from the issues, so far, I'm not much into the content part - you know, writing etc... I much prefer spending time tinkering with the page style, fonts, shadows, graphics etc... B)

I'm a typical Apple Mac user - more worried about the style rather than the substance. :lol: I thought I'd get in on that comment before MoonPuppy did. ;)

John

Good I can definately do that . Contrubiting is kinda an addiction , well I just like too share because it encourages otheres to do the same ....... and then I get to learn from them whether they are a beginner or a master everybody has something to teach.

Back