• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another custom I have finished and tons of scans!!

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
Well, I have finally finished my second custom. I have to tell you I have learned a LOT!! This one will be for Billy Bajema, he is a TE for the St Louis Rams. I tried to make this one a little personal for Billy. I actually have his game used shoes and added his number on the back heels.

It was really cool to have Billy and his family back over to our house. He was very excited to see his figure and then of course ever kid in the culdesac wanted to see and play football with him. He was more than happy to play with them and then sign autographs for them all afterwards.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

P5050269.jpg

P5050270.jpg

P5050273.jpg

36_172751.jpg

P5050274.jpg

P5050276.jpg

P5050277.jpg

P5050279.jpg

Billy in a game

Bajema.jpg

P5050280.jpg

P5050282.jpg

P5050287.jpg

P5050288.jpg

Thanks. Billy was all smiles and kept looking at it. I have another one I am doing as a surprise to him, his collge uniform. He also said he is going to show all his buddies so I might get busy soon! lol

Joe

I did not sculpt the figure, only parts of it. I used the Mcfarlane figures and swaped parts and then modified what I needed too.

Joe

Yeah, it's that "modify" they gloss over ain't it James? Thanks for sharing this with us Joe.

still fabulous work! Don't you also paint them? If so, accolades are still in order.

Regards,

Thanks James and yes the kids are having a blast!! They are all ready to play again when Billy comes over.

moon puppy wrote:
Yeah, it's that "modify" they gloss over ain't it James? Thanks for sharing this with us Joe.

:eek:hmy: You know we can't share our trade secrets!!! :silly: What I meant was, I need to remove all the texture from the sock,hose, jersey. Then I had to remove all the pads, then I had to rmove the sculpted on elbow pads, the left hand, all the detail on the gloves, then remove the biceps on the left arm and etc....my version of modify! ;)

sharkmouth wrote:
still fabulous work! Don't you also paint them? If so, accolades are still in order.

Regards,

Thanks and yes I then have to paint the guy and make the base/groundwork.

Joe

TREEMENDUS wrote:
Joe

That is incredibly well painted.

Thank you. I actually had to make a correction on him, I had forgotten the NFL logo on the gloves. Here are a few pictures of the corrected one.

Thanks again,

Joe

fixed2.jpg

fixed.jpg

Joe,
I cant believe i missed this one ! that looks so good all the colors are a very good match to the real uniform .those kids will never forget that day! that is worth what you did in itself (y)

Back