• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An interesting circle cutter.

Just got the ship notice, I assume they're available for you ordering now.

Just in time for me, I'm about to go big on the 1/350 Enterprise and need very small circle masks.

Okay, got mine this morning, 2 days.

At first glance, it's basically a sealed bearing and race with a cushion. The acrylic insert and decal isn't super impressive, but looking it over further, it's a nice design with quality parts. Pricey at $50, but by the time you got the individual parts shipped, it probably would be the same or more expensive.

Then I went to use it.

Preparing for a bunch of adjusting/learning curve, I slipped the blade in the holder, laid it on a piece of tape and spun it counter clockwise. Holy Smokes!

This thing is amazing! I cut a less than 1 mm diameter mask, perfectly round on the first try, without even knowing what I was doing or what to expect. It's the rare tool that not only lives up to expectations, but far outweighs them.

Thanks for the heads up James, this is a valuable addition to my bench and will immediately be a lifesaver of the Star Trek build.

They have the 60 too, just isn't listed, maybe you can email them and get it added. I just ordered all three packs even though it says reserve.

I guess that was the downside to preordering, I had to pay shipping twice since the packs weren't due until mid June.

Back