• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT/ERTL A-20J Havoc

very nice work Geoff, - hey Dave,, when are you going to build that Hurricane? it must be buried under a bucket of dust by now !!

Got the nacelles on and almost completed blending them in with the wings - just a little more work to do as there were some quite a significant gaps as well as a step on top were they join the wing. Next up to finish the engines and attach them, then it's pretty much time to lay on some colour....

Got the nacelles on and almost completed blending them in with the wings - just a little more work to do as there were some quite a significant gaps as well as a step on top were they join the wing. Next up to finish the engines and attach them, then it's pretty much time to lay on some colour....

Looking good :good: Why does it appear to have all that putty aft of the nose well ? Did I miss some trauma ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good :good: Why does it appear to have all that putty aft of the nose well ? Did I miss some trauma ?

Cheers, Christian B)[/quote]

Hi Christian, yup fair bit of Plastic surgery (pardon the pun) in that area. Just need to re-scribe some lines there but yup bit of a poor fit.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Christian, yup fair bit of Plastic surgery (pardon the pun) in that area. Just need to re-scribe some lines there but yup bit of a poor fit.[/quote]

Too bad. Seems like a bit of an odd place for it :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers, Christian B)

Dang, look like it hit the body shop. Sand fill repeat. :popcorn

Looks like you're wrestling it in to submission... I've built two of these and those nacelle joints really are a p.i.t.a !!

Ian

Thanks Guys, yeah the problem with that area where the putty is, is where the front of the bomb bay door meets up at the joint between the two fuselage halves. The two thin strips of the fuselage halves poke up and there is nothing under them to secure to. But it worked out all good, once it has been scribed and sprayed it will look perfect.

OH MAN!!!!!

Never seen that scheme before. There seems to be some stars missing on that flag, was the real one like that or is something more to that decal?

OH MAN!!!!!

Never seen that scheme before. There seems to be some stars missing on that flag, was the real one like that or is something more to that decal?

Not sure MP, i thought the stars were missing too, but that's how they came, My guess it's like the swastika thing - idiots wanting to be politically correct.

Back