• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS Central SC 2017 Show, 10 June - ALL Subjects!

:yipee Congratulations to all my Friends and award winners!! :salute I can feel Satan shivering in his boots!! :rotf

Bob took two golds and a silver and took a ration of sh!t for entering the beginner division, Roger scored big with 6 wins out of eight models.

hde7576b.JPG

I didn't get Roger with his medals, hope to fix that at next month's meeting. B)

A great big thank you to Mike Roof and the SC Wildcats for hosting a swell event! :notworthy

More to come.

Bob took two golds and a silver and took a ration of sh!t for entering the beginner division, Roger scored big with 6 wins out of eight models.

I didn't get Roger with his medals, hope to fix that at next month's meeting. B)

A great big thank you to Mike Roof and the SC Wildcats for hosting a swell event! :notworthy

More to come.

I gotta stand up for Bob a bit in regards to his entry as a Basic Skills modeler...

He really did ask me about my recommendation, and what I recommend to everyone who's a first time entrant into an AMPS show is that it's better to underestimate your skill level. So, Bob was really taking my advice in that regard.

I recommend this because it gives you a fair chance to see how the AMPS judging really works and also a good "first look" at the scoring and comments sheets. If you do this, you shouldn't have any unpleasant surprises. It also really doesn't hurt you in regards to the actual judging. You'll still numerical scores and written judges comments the same as everyone else.

I know I kind of busted Bob's chops a bit during the awards ceremony, but everyone who medals gold in the basic or intermediate skill levels gets a little bit of good natured ribbing because they've demonstrated their skills to move up to the next higher skill level. It's something of a "right of passage" as the higher skill level entrants welcome the new guys into their ranks. :eek:ldguy

Bob and Mike and everyone else that medaled all earned their awards, and I hope we see all of you again next year. You guys all brought some great work to share with everyone, and I know folks enjoyed the opportunity to get a look at it!

Hopefully you all enjoyed it just as much!

Happy modeling!

Mike Roof

Really appreciated you guys coming down and participating in the show! Some great work and well-earned rewards by the Modelers' Alliance crew!

Mike Roof

Thanks Mike . You guys definitely put on a first class show .

Congratulations to all that participated . A lot of very nice entries .

And a special congratulations to the award recipients .

I hope there was enough interest this year to warrant a repeat of the other classes next year .

Cheers , Christian B)

We're still crunching the preliminary numbers, but it looks like the "all genres" show expansion was patronized pretty well.

Assuming that we didn't go broke running the show, I think the gang will likely vote to do another show in 2018 and keep the "all genres" expansion.

I'll definitely keep everyone here in the ol' Sprue Pub Forums in the loop!

Mike

ha89f0eb.JPG

h3f991cb.JPG

h14a5ea0.JPG

I managed two silvers and a gold with my three entries in the intermediate categories, got good feedback and had a ball.

h26887e9.JPG

Museum photos on another thread.

:drinks

More to come.

I gotta stand up for Bob a bit in regards to his entry as a Basic Skills modeler...

He really did ask me about my recommendation, and what I recommend to everyone who's a first time entrant into an AMPS show is that it's better to underestimate your skill level. So, Bob was really taking my advice in that regard.

I recommend this because it gives you a fair chance to see how the AMPS judging really works and also a good "first look" at the scoring and comments sheets. If you do this, you shouldn't have any unpleasant surprises. It also really doesn't hurt you in regards to the actual judging. You'll still numerical scores and written judges comments the same as everyone else.

I know I kind of busted Bob's chops a bit during the awards ceremony, but everyone who medals gold in the basic or intermediate skill levels gets a little bit of good natured ribbing because they've demonstrated their skills to move up to the next higher skill level. It's something of a "right of passage" as the higher skill level entrants welcome the new guys into their ranks. :eek:ldguy

Bob and Mike and everyone else that medaled all earned their awards, and I hope we see all of you again next year. You guys all brought some great work to share with everyone, and I know folks enjoyed the opportunity to get a look at it!

Happy modeling!

Mike Roof

You know I had to mess with him some too. :rotf

Really appreciated you guys coming down and participating in the show! Some great work and well-earned rewards by the Modelers' Alliance crew!

Mike Roof

Thanks Mike . You guys definitely put on a first class show .

Congratulations to all that participated . A lot of very nice entries .

And a special congratulations to the award recipients .

I hope there was enough interest this year to warrant a repeat of the other classes next year .

Cheers , Christian B)

We're still crunching the preliminary numbers, but it looks like the "all genres" show expansion was patronized pretty well.

Assuming that we didn't go broke running the show, I think the gang will likely vote to do another show in 2018 and keep the "all genres" expansion.

I'll definitely keep everyone here in the ol' Sprue Pub Forums in the loop!

Mike

Mike since we "Launched" the Modelers Alliance "Club" I don't see any reason why we as a website can't pony up in some way for the next show. Just let me know what we can do.

Yeah actually entering in the show did help me understand the scoring. I totally get how we can have two golds in one category now. I wish that sort of judging was done with other groups.

More to come.

Happy modeling!

Mike Roof

You know I had to mess with him some too. :rotf

I didn't hear half of it so :pp :pp

:love :rotf

ALSO!!!! A big shout out to the fellas at the Hobbytown USA Columbia booth for all the BIG deals! Awesome job and THANK YOU!!! B)

Museum photos can be found here. https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/153055-south-carolina-military-museum-photo-tour

Back