• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Glad there was a positive conclusion to that story . I was about to ask you who the winner was :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Always a positive conclusion Christian :D

I also called my AB a "STUPID COW" - for some strange reason it worked, believe it or not :rotf

Laurence

Hey Laurance . Been a long time since I've seen anyone engage in a spiting contest .

I remember more than one member sending the AB's back to the manufacturer for a fix ( not a good outcome )

Since there's been more than one post about spitting brushes , I'll try to share my experiences .

If all parts are serviceable and the paint is properly thinned I have only found one solution to my dilemmas of paint spitting .

No matter how clean all the AB parts seem to be there is normally some left in item # 3 in the parts break down.

IWA-PARTS-HILINE.jpg

Since fluids don't seem to totally clean it and I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner, I have learned to use a used AB needle and by gently rubbing the insides, it will detach all the crud .

You will be surprised how much junk you will dislodge and how much differently your AB will perform.

Remember, be gentle and above all be patient . :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

In my opinion, the best way to clean the inside of the nozzle (no 3, mentioned above) is a thin strip of cleanex rolled into a thin thread, and dipped in cellulose thinner.

Be careful using the needle as a cleaning tool. Usually the needle is harder than the alloy of the nozzle, and could scratch the inside of the nozzle, which would lead to all kinds of problems.

Here's my free advice of the day. Always include back flushing in your cleaning routine. And whenever you completely disassemble and clean your airbrush, end with waxing every part of the airbrush with silicone free car wax. The old cake style wax is the best. The wax will keep parts from oxiding when stored, it will act as a lubricator in threads and mechanics, and it will be a lot easier to clean away dried paint. I've been doing this for about as long as I've been having a trouble free airbrushing life. Could be luck, but can also be an explanation. ;)

They actually make a tool to clean said small parts of the AB. I bought one and believe me when I say it does not fit the nozzle . Even a tooth pick does not fit in the nozzle.

I like your tip about the cleanex ......I have tried that as well :blink without any success.

Next time you do that, please take pictures . I would like to see how you've accomplished it .

Cheers, Christian B)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/paints-finishes-60/finishing-supplies-62000/tamiya-airbrush-cleaner-87089

Give it a go, been using this since resuming modelling, never had the troubles you guys are saying on this post.

Not replaced any 'O' rings, never had paint stuck in tips .33 and .21, I simply half fill the cup and spray this product through then repeat with Acrylic thinner, take the brush apart like this

DSC_2135AB.jpg~original

to let it completely dry out.

Simple, no fuss, works every time.

As Christian says, there is normally some left in item # 3 in the parts break down if this is the case, then put some of the Tamiya AB cleaner into an empty clean glass paint jar with a screw lid! please don't leave it uncovered!! and leave over night - but I have not had to do this.

:drinks

Thanks for the prayers guys. Renee is doing fine. She'll get the drain out Friday. She is staying home so that means I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Thoughts and prayers and well wishes Gator.
My brushes get put through the sonic cleaner regularly. Not sure what happened this time but it l;ooks like crap. Disheartened.
James

Cool I'm back at the bench today (y)

Only problem I'm running into is I'm just all over the place want to work on just about everything :idonno

Ah I'm not going to worry about it and just have some fun, relax and do what ever :D

Have a good one guys :drinks

Cool I'm back at the bench today (y)

Only problem I'm running into is I'm just all over the place want to work on just about everything :idonno

Ah I'm not going to worry about it and just have some fun, relax and do what ever :D

Have a good one guys :drinks

Hey, that's the way every day is on the workbench for me! Enjoy! (y)

Spent the weekend completely rearranging my hobby room. Did the "paper doll" layout thing to get my thoughts in order and figure out the best way to cram it all in there. The result was amazing! I actually have more space, more tables, and it doesn't seem cramped or cluttered at all. Will have a post on my TOOL TIME thread soon on it with the before and after.

Has me kind of jazzed to get home and go in there, finish cleaning up the mess, and start building again. :woohoo:

Enjoying my first day off, by watching Battle of the Bulge. We watched Fury the other night as well. I loved every minute of it. Sarah didn't like it. She said it had no plot. But I thought it was actually an amazing piece of film. I liked how the tank almost became it's own character in the film. Now I want to build one, anybody have an idea if this is a decent kit http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/25175/index.htm

First day off here also. Cindy and I had some Doctors appointments up in Greenville so we had the whole day up there. Ate some wings, did some shopping, mostly sat in traffic. 15 minutes to go a quarter of a mile. :bang head

First day off, not bad, got to spend it with my honey. Now I can spend the rest of the time on the bench. :rotf

One more day of classes here...all my teacher friends in neighboring districts are laughing in their sleep now as we are one of only two districts in the region open....bah humbug...

Day one (yesterday) of Christmas time off was bundling the better half onto the Big White Bird to see daughter for Christmas.

Today up and out for breakfast, grocery shopping and checking a friend's place I'm house sitting.

Two weeks of puttering around the house, consuming mass quantities, entertaining the cats and more bench time than usual. :yipee

Cheers,
Rich

Enjoying my first day off, by watching Battle of the Bulge. We watched Fury the other night as well. I loved every minute of it. Sarah didn't like it. She said it had no plot. But I thought it was actually an amazing piece of film. I liked how the tank almost became it's own character in the film. Now I want to build one, anybody have an idea if this is a decent kit http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/25175/index.htm

Go for it,Ryan! :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

Day one (yesterday) of Christmas time off was bundling the better half onto the Big White Bird to see daughter for Christmas.

Today up and out for breakfast, grocery shopping and checking a friend's place I'm house sitting.

Two weeks of puttering around the house, consuming mass quantities, entertaining the cats and more bench time than usual. :yipee

Cheers,
Rich

Bachelor mode huh Rich? :v

All my shopping is done. :good:

Delivered a load today. Then drove to a terminal to get my 2015 IFTA stickers and 2015 permits. Had a lunch that was put out for us all. :yipee Got my annual review done. Swept out the trailer. Got a new EZ pass,then drove home. :drinks

Carol was stuck working, so I had to do the gift card run... $425 in gift cards! :eek:hmy: There goes the storage for the workroom and the new worktable.

Then, tonight at my grand-daughter's birthday party, I was reminded that I always get my 2 daughters and grand-daughter pj's for Christmas Eve.

where did that come from? I get my grand-daughter pj's but my daughters are 30 & 23... So, Carol says, you need to go get them pj's... It is 2000 hrs in Cleveland... I am tired and I just spent $$$$ on gift cards. Thankfully, I had an available balance on my Kohl's Charge Card.

I know that when I see my grand-daughter's face on Christmas day all of this will vanish in the mist, but right now I am feeling a bit BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!

Gift cards can't go wrong.

Can you imagine, Cindy has actually ask for a Vacuum cleaner? Any other husband would be strung up by the short hairs if they brought home a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

Only works when you don't suggest it Bob . How's your back ? Might be a suggestion :hmmm They're sneaky creatures you know :fencing :rotf

Spending my day at work. Was supposed to be off, but a supplier drug their feet providing CAD data so I'm stuck working on it todya. Was supposed to be off today & tomorrow and taking a vacation day on Friday.

There's no such thing as an "off season" in racing. Just no races to travel to.

Back