• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Am back at work today after being sick thursday, friday, and over the weekend. Just had a virus with cough temp and runny schnoz. Spent the weekend mostly reading as I was all slept out and my building mojo left with my little buddy. :(

I can't really stand to go int my build room at the moment. Harley was always in there with me, either in his cubby under the watch bench, or sprawled out on the floor where I would have to step over him.

Too many empty spots for now. :unsure:

Another day in paradox. The kids were, boisterous to say the least and time dragged... 26 hours of school left this calendar year.

Had to take a half day off. A week a go Renee got an infected hair on her lip that abscessed. Today, she was going to have it lanced but ended up having day surgery. She is nauseated from the anesthesia and since we don't how much pain she will be in, the surgeon put a drain in, I took tomorrow off too.

Hope she feels better soon :zen I had a blocked saliva duct a few months ago that became infected. Was not a fun experience having my lip be almost 3/4 of an inch thick.

Holy cow y'all. Sending :zen and hope you get all those things taken care of!

Getting aggravated. Have not been able to model like I want last little bit. Today I figured okay paint the fuselage so I can decal it and put the floats on etc in between fighting with the engine.Everything set up and paint thinned and away I go. The brush is spitting. Clean it up and go again. Still spitting. Now I have to wait for it to dry and sand it down and start over. Oh but wait....... Bottom of the fuse has split. Nice crevice. Okay, time to give up and go back to reading a book and playing games on the computer. I kind of wonder wht I even bother anymore. :(

I hear you James. I am so close to being done the He 162 but last night I too found another split seam. I've already fixed one. Very frustrating. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Hang in there James :zen

A while ago my AB was playing up big time, couldn't get anything out of it - so I kept trying - I got to the point where it was like "You spit at me, I spit at you, you stupid thing", believe it or not I did :blush:

Ended dipping it in vinegar, Windex, boiling the nozzle and stuff, swearing and cursing and the next day it just worked so there - Never give up mate :fencing

Laurence

Glad there was a positive conclusion to that story . I was about to ask you who the winner was :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Hang in there James. Maybe some oil on the needle to get a good seal on the bearing?

My badger was giving me fits... so I cleaned it... still fits... sent it off... Back up Pache wouldn't work for shit either... Have always hated that brush, now is belongs to the Art Teacher.

There are days I SWEAR I should go back to the old Aztek... at least I could just plop a new nozzle on and keep at it.

James, I know how you feel. Every modeling day so far has been like that for me. Fortunately, I haven't had any issues with the airbrush lately, but the last time I did; I broke it down to all component parts and soaked it in lacquer thinner for an hour or so. Then I scrubbed every part and re-assembled. No more issues with the airbrush. Now it's missing parts, missing paints, dropped parts, mislaid tools, missing instruction sheets, missing decal sheets, etc.

Today I might get more done, after I get a few things taken care of.

I, too, feel your pain, James. I have that problem with regularity- I strip the ab down to parts and run it through my little sonic cleaner in a solution of Simple Green soap and warm water. After that, a close inspection and a fresh vibro-bath for any parts that need it. I reassemble the brush, using Airbrush Lube for any pressure- or paint-bearing joints and it's back to it.

I wonder, though, if you have a bad o-ring somewhere. I recently replaced the one closet to the tip in mine recently and performance is way up.

Also, I have taken to unscrewing the tiny, delicate nose tip and pulling the needle through the front of the brush (after flushing with thinner) to get that last, nasty bit of paint out. I'm finding I get much less binding and such. Finally, if you're using both water- and solvent-based paints, take a moment to do this. It will avoid having traces of paint jellied up by the wring thinner.

It sounds a bit fussy, but fight fire with fire, as they say!
Cheers-
chuk

Glad there was a positive conclusion to that story . I was about to ask you who the winner was :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Always a positive conclusion Christian :D

I also called my AB a "STUPID COW" - for some strange reason it worked, believe it or not :rotf

Laurence

What are you people doing to your airbrushes? I have not had any problems that a simple strip and clean didn't fix in the last ten years? Usually I don't get to that point either. And I'm not especially good at cleaning either anymore. Still no problems.

James, just out of curiosity, what type of paint are you having trouble with?

Tom

Back