• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Drove 611 miles.Plus I delivered a load,then picked up a new one. 12 hours on me logs

Keep on truckin' Chad!

Mike...

:nopics

ME, ended up washing the truck. yeah, it's pretty much an all day affair with my truck, haven't washed it in over a year. But just like me, it cleans up pretty good. Doing the inside tomorrow. Did get in some modeling time, enough time to break three ittybitty drill bits!

Hiya Bob...

Well tomorrow when I do get to it, I'll besure to start another thread on it brother ;)

Well Guys. I went over a fellow AMPSCV chapter members house for a Build Day ! A couple of other guys came by. I got down on some painting. I'm actually doing a Mech figure !! I'm going with a Jungle Stripe Camo ~ German Tri-tone colors !

group_build_AMPSCV_5_14_2011.JPG

Here We are from left to right some of AMPSCV - Frank Blanton , Tabb Tharrington , Mark Elder , Yours truly !

franks_sherman_5_14_2011.JPG

Frank Blanton building a Tasca Easy 8

tabbs_Hell_cat_5_14_2011.JPG

Tabb Tharrington cranking away on AFV's Hell Cat

marks_Chi_Ha_5_14_2011.JPG

Mark ELder gettin' his build on with Tamiya's "vintage" Chi-Ha tank !

My_shinden_jungle_tiger_stripe.JPG

Number 22 in your program, but #1 in your heart ! I'm working on Bandai's 1/35th scale Shinden Warrior..... kickin' it up a notch wearing the Tiger Stripe camo with a twist - German tri-tone colors .. What da' expect :D

It was a cool day for building - It was raining all day & We started around 11 am (est) & finished up round 6pm !!

Great stuff but why on earth has that chap got a old UK phone box in the corner ?

To make phone calls??

Pretty nice setup and don't think those Yuenglings have gone unnoticed! :mpup

Those are awesome pics! I love doing build days; do one every Monday at St. Crispin's.

Today I'm waiting for my ride to the Chino Planes of Fame airshow. Don't know that I'll get many pics since I'll be sitting mostly due to a foot injury, but I ain't passing up this opportunity.

That's always seemed like a good show, have fun and take bunches of pictures!

My girlfriend was working this morning so i started to build my homemade static grass tool, used the old electric mosquito fryer. :evil:
When she got home we started to clean up in the Computer/hobbyroom, well needed, i don't understand how the cats can loose so much hair without ending up like a furless cat! :hmmm
The spraybooth is a perfect way to suck up cat hair, to bad some of them sticks on the model you paint to :(

Here are some pics of the result, still have to clean up the desk a little bit more......B)

P1050964.jpg

P1050965.jpg

Feels good now when it's done, now back to building!

Mats

Nice setup! One thing I would worry about is the models in the window, you're not concerned about direct sunlight harming the models?

Where's your spray booth? I'd like to see one in action. I don't have one, I have a garage door I just open and turn the fan on wide open.

I agree,...

Dont forget Big Bob L`s horrific story of models and direct sunlight

Very nice modeling room. All that sunlight and openess. Awesome (y) (y) (y)
James

Here is some pics of the spraybooth MP :)
and the vitrin in the window with the models is temporary until we find another place for it.

P1050971.jpg

here it is without the filter, the fan is on the backside and for the moment just blowing the air out in the room again, most paint stay in the filter so it's ok, later i will make a connection to the outside.
P1050970.jpg

and here it is with the filter in place.
P1050968.jpg

Made this one at my work, it took about 3 hours time and a little elbow grease

Mats

Really nice! You made that? Nice talent to have. But is it vented outside or are you just capturing the overspray?

If you get a big bucket with a lid and vent a hose into it. Fill it with water and have the hose just above the surface of the water (a cm maybe 2). Then a small vent hole on top, the fumes and any particulates will be trapped by the water and you wont have paint fumes in the house. Add a bit of bleach to the water so it doesnt get stuff growing in it. Works great. A refinisher told me how and his works great.
James

It's not vented to the outside yet, but it will be.
now we rent a house so i don't think it's popular to make a big hole in the wall :)
And we use acrylics so it's no problem with the smell either.

Great stuff but why on earth has that chap got a old UK phone box in the corner ?

ANDY, 1st. of All Frank loves everything British. Second - :woohoo: It's th Door to th Bathroom ! It's not really a Phone Booth. He has done up his den to look like an English Pub !!

I recognize some faces there Eric-- that is a sweet room...do a little modeling and when the indy tracks start fraying your nerves, draw a Guinness or Newcastle and let your troubles slip away....woo hoo!

I spent the last few days training our very own wannabe Houdini, a.k.a. Wile E. Coyote, named Freckles.

He now knows his home, is still neurotic about motors (cars, lawnmowers, etc) but has his tail up instead of between his legs. He does come up to all family members and lies down near them. My wife and I can touch and stroke the dog but I won't allow my son until the dog completes his round of Giardiasis medication.

So, today I am taking a break and the dog is loose by my side as I try to get some model time in...

Wish me luck!

Regards,

ANDY, 1st. of All Frank loves everything British. Second - :woohoo: It's th Door to th Bathroom ! It's not really a Phone Booth. He has done up his den to look like an English Pub !!

it certainly looks good

So in keeping with the age old Brit tradition of having a wee in a phone box, like it (y)

Tell Frank he has my approval (y)

Drove 611 miles.Plus I delivered a load,then picked up a new one. 12 hours on me logs

Keep on truckin' Chad!

Mike...

:nopics

ME, ended up washing the truck. yeah, it's pretty much an all day affair with my truck, haven't washed it in over a year. But just like me, it cleans up pretty good. Doing the inside tomorrow. Did get in some modeling time, enough time to break three ittybitty drill bits!
Bob
Bob
When you started washing your truck,did you think the color was brown?

Back