• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Was watching the rain then went and started the detail work on the Mig cockpit. Getting ready for work now.

Ponied up in the office Lottery pool. If you guys don't hear from me anymore you know what happened. :mpup

Build evening at the local modelclub, took my Bronco 25pdr with that i started when we attended the show in Ransart.
Managed to complete the barrel and the sights (total 10 hours work and some PE-food for the carpetmonster)
My question....where is it going to end?! this kit is so full of small (read microscopic) parts, and instructions very unprecise on how things are to be placed. just now so tired of the "new great kits"
:bang head :bang head :bang head
Going to build it but we see when i'm finnished if i cover the whole mess with a tarp!!!!
I understand that you can design a thing like this in the cad program but make sure someone can build it (it says age 14+, and i'm well in that category, and i still can't build it!).
:vmad :vmad
Gonna think more than once before getting a kit from Bronco again, i have the telemeter , i hope that one is better (better=easier to build) than this one
//Mats

Hi Mats. That is precisely what we have been complaining about when it comes to after market stuff. ( I use a lot of Eduard PE .)and the instruction ( or lack there off ) are just amazing.
Finally, when you think you got it figured out the sub assemblies no longer fit inside the cockpit or where ever :vmad :vmad :vmad .
Would not be so aggravating if they gave them away, but Nooo, they want a King's ransom for the things :fencing

And this is supposed to be fun :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Mats,

You need to alternate between a Tamiya or Dragon Smart Kit and a Bronco/Panda Hobby/AFV Club/Vulcan Models/Vision Models/Dragon Super Kit. Also, as my seven year old learned, if you like something with lots of small parts; DON'T TRAVEL WITH IT! Take the simpler toy, err, kit/

Regards,

Hi Mats. That is precisely what we have been complaining about when it comes to after market stuff. ( I use a lot of Eduard PE .)and the instruction ( or lack there off ) are just amazing.
Finally, when you think you got it figured out the sub assemblies no longer fit inside the cockpit or where ever

Christian, that is not only Eduard or PE. Some resin aftermarket doesn't fit without surgery, which is not mentioned. Others, like the Polish PE companies, are simply maddening! Tiny parts to which you layer several microscopic parts used to build up a thickness. Fabulous when it works out and then you tuck it away in a nether corner of a vehicle never to be seen again!

Regards,

Oh , believe you me. I have probably invented a few new words trying to get Aires cockpits to fit inside fuselages. With the 1/72 kit though it takes very little to not fit at all.
Eduards, however has supplied me with the most aggravation but it's because I have a lot of their kits. :pinch:
Now , I'm facing my latest debacle. Shrunken Aires flight control surface. Waiting for replacements :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

I interviewed for a job.... in Dubai! :sick:

How bad do I need a job? :idonno

I am willing to relocate to SW Asia for 2 years! :soldier

Yowch . does that job come with your own Camel ? Double humper ?

Man, did not even like the idea of going to Turkey and the other one, we could not even mention :sick:

And I was much younger than . :soldier

Make a good decision. Two years is a long time to be in the wrong place. :bang head

Well I sure wish you well in that decision Barney.

I almost went for a job in Dubai years ago, but decided against because of family. Now though, I'm not sure I'd go because the Middle East seems to be such a hotbed of unrest. Wish you the best in your choice though.

Meanwhile up here it got warm over the past few days reaching 12 yesterday. Almost all of the dump from last week is gone. Unfortunately it is snowing again and there are warnings of 20cm by tomorrow morning. Yeah :S
James

Hate to tell ya this James, it was in the 80s today. Really low humidity, probably the last day it'll be like that, they are calling for 90s the rest of the week.

Unseasonably cool, wet, and windy today. Really high surf too. I worked on a model. A 1/43 white metal car kit. I haven't quite figured out the key to working with white metal. It is ruining all of my files.

Job interview with the Veteran's Administration, tomorrow 10:00.

Unseasonably cool, wet, and windy today. Really high surf too. I worked on a model. A 1/43 white metal car kit. I haven't quite figured out the key to working with white metal. It is ruining all of my files.

:nopics

And Barney, good luck!!! :zen :zen :zen

Job interview tomorrow for a company that makes farming equipment, i hope it goes well...
//Mats

Back