• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Worked on Luke's model a bit...painting and decaling are done...just need to add the wheels and touch up some paint here and there...
006_28229.JPG

Gettin' the IL-2m3 ready for the paint booth :eek:hmy: and who knows, maybe do some touch up on the SNJ as well... :hmmm Iffin the cooler temps stay with me, may even attempt ta git the Aluminum on the Buffalo too :unsure:

Noice Ed! One of my favorite Russian birds...!

Well-- this freaking heat has chased me out of my well equipped and comfortable workshop down to the cooler nether regions of the house...aka the back screen porch under a fan ;)

Getting the breeze we get on our hill, we don't usually use A/C unless absolutely necessary...I'll have to put the smaller units into the kids' upstairs rooms tomorrow as we are due for 90+ weather...but this is supposed to be about modeling...

So I am parked with the Sabre kit on the back porch with the fan and breezes...Rush on the Bose speaker...a cold Kentucky Mule within reach...and I am sanding the small part that goes on the underside to hold the two lenses to get it to fit a bit better...and I drop it...no issues- found it easy. Should've learned the lesson there and set myself up over the table a bit better...but no.... :bang head :smack

Next time...not so lucky. Piece heads right to the crack between board in the floor...I get something to try to carefully pop it out- and down it goes.

Weighing my options here...I don't want to scratch this piece...it's got a curve to it and I'd never reproduce the light wells. On the other hand, I am slightly allergic to bees and had just got tagged by two in a ground nest last Thursday- so I am not relishing going under the deck where they've been known to inhabit. But...well- time to buck up. So under I went...and out to try to orient where it fell...did that three or four times until I figured out exactly where I had to look...and no evidence of it and its a bit dark under there-- so out once again to get a light...and back under to scan among the leaf litter...and a mouse carcass or two :sick:

Yup...guess where it was...right next to the carcass. :S :facepalm

so....nothing to be done but flick it away and grab my part.

At that point I glued the bugger down...and now it's time to relax :drunk

Noice Ed! One of my favorite Russian birds...!

Well-- this freaking heat has chased me out of my well equipped and comfortable workshop down to the cooler nether regions of the house...aka the back screen porch under a fan ;)

Getting the breeze we get on our hill, we don't usually use A/C unless absolutely necessary...I'll have to put the smaller units into the kids' upstairs rooms tomorrow as we are due for 90+ weather...but this is supposed to be about modeling...

So I am parked with the Sabre kit on the back porch with the fan and breezes...Rush on the Bose speaker...a cold Kentucky Mule within reach...and I am sanding the small part that goes on the underside to hold the two lenses to get it to fit a bit better...and I drop it...no issues- found it easy. Should've learned the lesson there and set myself up over the table a bit better...but no.... :bang head :smack

Next time...not so lucky. Piece heads right to the crack between board in the floor...I get something to try to carefully pop it out- and down it goes.

Weighing my options here...I don't want to scratch this piece...it's got a curve to it and I'd never reproduce the light wells. On the other hand, I am slightly allergic to bees and had just got tagged by two in a ground nest last Thursday- so I am not relishing going under the deck where they've been known to inhabit. But...well- time to buck up. So under I went...and out to try to orient where it fell...did that three or four times until I figured out exactly where I had to look...and no evidence of it and its a bit dark under there-- so out once again to get a light...and back under to scan among the leaf litter...and a mouse carcass or two :sick:

Yup...guess where it was...right next to the carcass. :S :facepalm

so....nothing to be done but flick it away and grab my part.

At that point I glued the bugger down...and now it's time to relax :drunk

:huh: :blink :idonno You might be crazier than me!! I seriously doubt I'd have gone under the house more than once!! :frantic

THanks, Just got the OD Green on the IL-2m3 last night & just brought it inside So I can take some pics of it & determine if I wanna deal with the decals tonite or tomorrow.... It's been nice the past couple days but, s'poseta hit mid 90s tomorrow & then 100-102 come thurs & Fri.

Ah yeah-- that's the stuff bud!!

Glad ya like it! (y) Now to finish her up before the campaign ends& I lose internet. End of the month, bill is due & they usually shut it off the 28th-29th...

OK, got most os the decals on. Having troubles with the main landing gear :bang head Not sure how they attach :blush: :idonno
Ok, still waitin' fer CalTel to cut off the phone & internet :frantic If ya don't hear from me later, I shall be back on the 1st!! :Hiay :soldier

Who turned the 3 year old loose with the camera and the passwords? Three words of wisdom, Photo Editing Software.

Frankenhorses.

I needed a couple of horses for a project that's in tthe works. One horse needed to be grazing. I had some of those ancient Tamiya German Cavalry sets and decided to create a couple of Frankenhorses.

I cut the one to be grazing apart and added lots of thick plastic pieces to lengthen its neck and some more plastic pieces to splay the front legs.

Here's what it looks like thus far. You can see the original Tamiya horse as well as the first Tamiya German Cavalry horse I've modified.

Cheers from Peter

Frankenhorses.

I needed a couple of horses for a project that's in tthe works. One horse needed to be grazing. I had some of those ancient Tamiya German Cavalry sets and decided to create a couple of Frankenhorses.

I cut the one to be grazing apart and added lots of thick plastic pieces to lengthen its neck and some more plastic pieces to splay the front legs.

Here's what it looks like thus far. You can see the original Tamiya horse as well as the first Tamiya German Cavalry horse I've modified.

Cheers from Peter

Looking good Peter. I've been wanting to paint a horse, think I can do better on one than a face. :rotf

Think Mike is talking about Eddy's photos.

Spray painted some gloss black onto the Sabre today as well as part of the Fokker...won't be going near either for a few days as it's been hit and sticky and not conducive to drying easily.

Clamped the rest of the Nissen Hut together today...and started rigging the Camel...so tomorrow is one more free day of modeling-- will continue work on the Hut and Camel and start my research on the FM-1...

Just started assembling my M46 Patton for the Korea Campaign, couple of things came to me straight away. First is that in all my years of this hobby, this is only my second ever Dragon kit...

...Secondly, I love the 'engineering' that went in to this kit. Most of the lower hull is entirely generic, shared with their T26A3 and M26A1 kits, the parts that aren't - the rear 'gear-box' area etc, are complex, but almost 'snap-fit' in to place.

I'm guessing the reason for this quality of fit, is that I have a 'first generation' issue of the model, so QC was a very high priority and the moulds were then brand new.

Pictures soon, in the WiP thread.

Ian.

Back