• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Carol and I had a lovely weekend... Late breakfast and massage on Saturday morning followed by visits to three wineries. We then checked into our favorite BnB (Market Street Inn, Wooster OH) and had a fantastic dinner at our favorite place to eat (So. Market Bistro). Sunday was more wineries and a visit to MAPS (Military Aircraft Preservation Society) at the Akron/Canton Arpt. I will be going back to take pictures!

While at the museum, I picked up a couple of 1/48 Monogram kits from the early 80's, a P-40 and a Zero.

Now it is back to the grind...

My application as a training manager has been accepted and I have made it through the first elimination process.... Next? Interviews!

I just got the official word that my start up date with the Forest Service is June 1st :yipee :yipee :yipee So another fun summer of looking for artifacts is in store for me. Also there is a huge possibility that I will be promoted and lead my own crew. So I will lead them with an iron fist :evil: :rotf Love working for the Forest Service but always hate the winter layoff.

Did you hear about the Californian couple that found 10 million dollars worth of gold coins on their property in six rusted metal containers buried under a tree. Just sayin, keep your eyes peeled while you're out there Ryan.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/california-couple-finds-10m-buried-treasure-in-back-yard/

Yeah I just read about that. Have always wanted to find a cache of money like that. Best I've ever found was the Civil War bayonet I found while metal detecting years ago.

On the road again..heading over to Atlanta to support our site there. :soldier

Try out the Cuban food restaurant if you get a chance ....

Cheers,Christian B)

Have a good trip.

Leaving soon for another job. Finished the sprinkler job a couple days ago; now I'm going to go put in a new kitchen sink and faucet for another fellow IPMS member. Yesterday I put in a couple railings on a small staircase for another good friend. With all these jobs lately, it'll feel good to have some pocket money for my birthday. :drinks

Went for a 60 kilometres (40 miles) bicycle ride this morning. Temperature about -27C (-17F) was nice and invigorating. Funny thing though, I didn't see any other bicyclists on the country roads.

Cheers from Peter

Well it's Friday the day before my birthday and God has given me the best birthday present ever. We are having a raging storm outside; heavy rains and high winds. I almost fell like I'm in Florida during hurricane season! LOL! This is supposed to continue on through Sunday and I'm thrilled. Today I'm gonna go out and get paid and then deposit three checks in the bank. It'll feel nice having some spending money for once! Especially since the Pasadena Valleycon is coming up on Sunday. I'm bringing Dora and a few other recently completed models and hoping I might bring home some hardware. With this extra pay; I'll at least have a few extra "birthday presents" to post in the "Latest Acquisitions"!

It rains it pours huh Mark. Hope y'all are safe from the mudslides and stuff.

Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe
Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe
Hippo Birdie Deer Ewe (Drink Maddog)
Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe

Party at Mark's house!!! :drinks :drinks :drinks

Have a great day!

Back