• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/48 #A11002 Sea Vixen FAW.2

kryptosdaddy

:yipee Oh boy am I glad I did what I did today- I have been pondering trying to trade a couple of kits with my LHS (read we have a family shop in Columbia) and today on a lark I took my 1/72 Hasegawa B-47 and my 1/32 Lindbergh Higgins boat out of the stash and talked to Joe, he was helpfull, took my two kits and sold me this for 5 bucks!

DSCF0007.JPG

Cd is for scale, three big sprues- a uber nice decal sheet, a 21 page instruction book in 85 steps and a 4 page paint guide (above the instructions) Saul it even has a sharkmouth decal option, but I'll bet you already knew that. :pp

DSCF0006%7E0.JPG

Sorry I'm so excited fellas but this kit has been on my grail list for 2 years!

:yipee Oh boy am I glad I did what I did today- I have been pondering trying to trade a couple of kits with my LHS (read we have a family shop in Columbia)

Where, the Hobby Town on Two Notch road or the one on Harbinson? Other than that I don't know of a LHS in Columbia.

New Brookland Railroad on State Street, I don't know the full address but its on the Cayce side of the river off Knox Abbot Drive (Blossom Street on the Columbia side). Small building on the East side of the street.

Old family buisiness, been there for decades. Find it Bob, its a dying breed and maybe the size of your garage!

Oh yeah, I remember them, never been there and thought someone told me it closed. There was a great restaurant a buddy of mine use to run around there...can't remember the name of the place.Looking at the google map, is it anywhere close to the New Brookline Tavern :drinks ? Hmm...road trip maybe... :hmmm

Its on the opposite side as New Brookland Tavern at about the halfway point of the street. The place is a mess meaning they just have no room, but it mainly caters to RR hobbyists. Worth the trip to see though.

Well if you show up we're going shopping before I let you drink! But it could be better than you may think- a thread about LOCAL (not chain) Hobby Stores could suprize. For instance I ran into one in Easley off 88 I think that was nice. He dealt mostly with RC cars, even had a couple of tracks outside but his plastic selection was good and his tools were a little crazy. Nothing cheap about this hobby, no matter how hard ya try!

Yeah we've hit that one before, left empty handed cause really were focused on the RC stuff. There's another in Easley that's focus on Railroad. Didn't know the hobby was so strong in that area.

Have you made it to Augusta Hobby Town yet?

No but I found it- we had a couple of installs in the area late last year. Didnt have time to stop- thats one hell of a ride to drive to, work for a day and drive back to Chapin where the office is located!

To kinda stay OT- here is a build I found while looking some stuff up. 1/32 scale vacuum formed kit.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/Photostory/FrankMitchell/seavixen/seavixen.php

CR

Back