• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35th Scale Magach 6B Gal Batash

DAMN that does look like a nice kit
Thanks for the look in the box Saul(y)
Only now I will need to get one at some stage :bang head

well written and illustrated review. you give the potential builder plenty of info w/o overload. were i in the market for israeli armor, i would certainly know what i was in for. kudos.

Broke down and bought one off Ebay from Korea. All that means is someone in the states will have it cheaper and before it gets here. :D

Shalom.

I'm really hoping that this kit isn't simply a styrene version of the old Legends resin add on armour for the Magach 6B. Anyone able to compare the Academy armour parts to the Legend armour parts?

I've read that there are a number of other errors in this kit including possibly the wrong type of road wheels. Are the road wheels in the kit of the aluminium type?

Saul.

I clicked the image of the M-60. Nice photos of an M-60 but a lot of those details would not be on a Magach 6B because of the added on armour.

Cheers from Peter

Anyone able to compare the Academy armour parts to the Legend armour parts?

Since I don't own the Legends item, I can't compare them.

I've read that there are a number of other errors in this kit including possibly the wrong type of road wheels. Are the road wheels in the kit of the aluminium type?

The roadwheels are the correct M48 type, not the aluminum M60 road wheels.

I clicked the image of the M-60. Nice photos of an M-60 but a lot of those details would not be on a Magach 6B because of the added on armour.

The idea of the Patton type tank photos was to show details which can be added such as casting marks, drain plugs, and all the missing details from the ancient hull used in this kit.

Regards,

Anyone able to compare the Academy armour parts to the Legend armour parts?

Since I don't own the Legends item, I can't compare them.

The roadwheels are the correct M48 type, not the aluminum M60 road wheels.

The idea of the Patton type tank photos was to show details which can be added such as casting marks, drain plugs, and all the missing details from the ancient hull used in this kit.

Regards,

Shalom Saul.

My mistake then. I thought they were to show a Magach 6. Those photos will be quite helpful when I build on of my M-60 kits as U.S.A. variant.

Cheers from Peter

I wonder how long on the AFV kit?

The first kit was to be the M48. With Dragon releasing it, it seems to be put on the back burner. I hope the M60 will replace it and come out unexpectedly.

Well, I knew it was coming, and it is now officially announced:

h30ee855.jpg

Regards,

Back