• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A/SB-01 B-17R "Bladewing"

Yep I'm all ready in the rubber room with my project Warren ..... Just waiting on my third Ork bomber since I found out my cost on those ..... I'm thinking about casting the motors .... I'll be watching to see the geek Bladewing ..... :eek:ldguy :popcorn :eek:ldguy

Thanks folks!

After my virus last week my eldest daughter brought home a cold so the rest of the family has been sick! :sick:

But, I have made a little more progress on this.

Been playing around with mocking up the engines. I want to use the original nacelles as much as possible, was thinking about using an old test tube for the rest of the engine body..

h561a0db.JPG

need something about the size of the chord of the main wing

h518f273.JPG

When I originally thought up this whole plan, I was thinking I'd try and do a lot to the interior. Now that I have the kit, the interior actually looks pretty good for an old kit. I might just add a few little things but otherwise, I'm just going with the stock interior for this build. I'll have my hands full with the exterior anyway!

hd4aebb5.JPG

had to do a little more trimming to the main fuse

h689b5c7.JPG

my next big challenge will be joining these and making the rotating joint for the cockpit module. this is sort of what i imagined

h0a83c12.JPG

Just have ti figure out a way to do it!

h812925e.JPG

:blink Warren, have we already spent some quality time in that room ?

I'm not into the what if's but this one might bear watching :popcorn

Bladewing_16_zps000lot15.jpg

To me , that thing looks like it might benefit from the lower section of a flying boat.

Maybe you have one of those that you got mad at also :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

This is amazing ..... There was a perfectly good B-17 ..... and then Warren started spitting His Meds .... back to the rubber room my friend ..... :rotf :rotf ...... No really I can't wait for more .... :eek:ldguy

:blink Warren, have we already spent some quality time in that room ?

I'm not into the what if's but this one might bear watching :popcorn

Bladewing_16_zps000lot15.jpg

To me , that thing looks like it might benefit from the lower section of a flying boat.

Maybe you have one of those that you got mad at also :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

:drinks Dat sounds like an interesting idea!! :geek

Thanks folks!

i haven't done much with this in the past few weeks partially because I'm trying to finish my Deja vu campaign and the fact that I'm trying to decide how to proceed with this build.

I recently joined a local modeling club and after talking to a few members I am wondering if I should try and scratch build some of the components from resin or vacuform. Both of these will be new to me and I will need to form a section of the main fuselage and the engine section.

I was initially thinking building a vacuform box for both but wondering now if I should try resin casting. I was favouring vacforming but after talking to some folks who have done it they say it's hard to get the plastic at just the right temperature to form properly over the master.

Thanks folks!

i haven't done much with this in the past few weeks partially because I'm trying to finish my Deja vu campaign and the fact that I'm trying to decide how to proceed with this build.

I recently joined a local modeling club and after talking to a few members I am wondering if I should try and scratch build some of the components from resin or vacuform. Both of these will be new to me and I will need to form a section of the main fuselage and the engine section.

I was initially thinking building a vacuform box for both but wondering now if I should try resin casting. I was favouring vacforming but after talking to some folks who have done it they say it's hard to get the plastic at just the right temperature to form properly over the master.

:hmmm :popcorn

Well I thought about doing both I bought a thing off of eBay ..... Made by Mattel .... Bad choice ..... and I bought the resin casting stuff .... I just haven't done either yet ...... So many projects .... so little time .... :eek:ldguy

Well I thought about doing both I bought a thing off of eBay ..... Made by Mattel .... Bad choice ..... and I bought the resin casting stuff .... I just haven't done either yet ...... So many projects .... so little time .... :eek:ldguy

Keep us posted on the casting attempt (y)

Well while Vac-U-Forming is Hard to do the process of plastic over original could be that the Vacuum wasn't enough ..... :frantic

But On my casting I'm making ..... (along with other things) a vibrating Table to bring the resin bubbles to the top of the mold ..... or back of object ..... :eek:ldguy

Back