• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A couple of completed, and rusted Shermans

Hi all, it's been a while since I last posted anything here, sorry. I managed to get a couple of Shermans done in the past couple of months, along with a T55. Here are some pics for you.

Davy Jones, knocked out Sherman in the PTO.

shermandone015.jpg

shermandone004.jpg

shermandone006.jpg

shermandone010.jpg

M4a3 Sherman, a bit rusted in the back lot of a Museum, model is 99% completed.

shermandio014.jpg

shermandio016.jpg

shermandio015.jpg

shermandio017.jpg

shermandio018.jpg

A forgotten T55 rusting away.

T552-1.jpg

T553-1.jpg

T5511-1.jpg

T5512-1.jpg

T5514-1.jpg

Here is the latest project, a rusty Panther.

Pantherturret013.jpg

Pantherturret014.jpg

Pantherhull007.jpg

Pantherhull010.jpg

As you can see I am still into rust. More pics can be seen on my website.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Hey Rusty (What's that? Oh, ROB!)
There are some beaut renditions of tanks that have well served and are now fading away...
I love the Marine Sherman. The combination of rust and charring timbers looks great, and the tow cable combo gives the impression of a failed recovery...
The M4A3E2 is very well done, and easily gives a modern day impression of a hulk from the past, hopefully awaiting restoration ;) By 99% finished, I assume that the ground surface (ocncrete?) is yet to be seen to? The top edge of the cyclone fencing seems a little too uniform maybe? Possibly the thickness is a little too great in this scale perhaps...
Look forward to more rusted techniques.
Brad :side:

Back