• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

700 Now Done...Last Five Are Here and Done.

Duke Maddog

Okay, after all this time and a few setbacks, I have finally achieved a milestone. It took me three years to go from 545 military vehicles completed models, (the last time I took a group shot) to the 700 total completed vehicles now.

Here they are in no particular order:

Hasegawa 1/72 scale German K-5 Leopold Rail Gun:

German_K-5_Leopold_Rail_Gun_I.jpg

German_K-5_Leopold_Rail_Gun_II.jpg

German_K-5_Leopold_Rail_Gun_III.jpg

German_K-5_Leopold_Rail_Gun_IV.jpg

Aoshima 1/72 scale Japanese MCV Prototype Vehicle:

Japanese_MCV_Prototype_I.jpg

Japanese_MCV_Prototype_II.jpg

Aoshima Japanese Patriot PAC II SAM system:

Japanese_Patriot_PAC_III_A.jpg

Japanese_Patriot_PAC_III_B.jpg

Modelcollect 1/72 scale US Army M-983 HEMTT Tractor with Pershing II Missile system:

US_Army_M983_HEMTT_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_I.jpg

US_Army_M983_HEMTT_Tractor_with_Pershing_II_MEL_II.jpg

Modelcollect 1/72 scale Russian BM-30 SMERCH MLRS:

Russian_BM-30_SMERCH_I.jpg

Russian_BM-30_SMERCH_II.jpg

Russian_BM-30_SMERCH_III.jpg

That's my last five I needed to complete to make it to 700. Now I'll be packing these up and getting ready for another group shot of the entire collection.

Oh, and just for fun, here's a fun shot I took of Leopold next to Atomic Annie to show the size comparison. They never saw each other in reality, but it is a cool pic:

Leopold_and_Annie.jpg

One final note, more like a request. I'll be taking the Group Shots of the entire collection from up high and with the camera zoomed in as much as I can. These will of course make huge pictures, but I want to allow anyone viewing these to be able to see some detail and make out as many of the vehicles as possible. I just need to know where I could possibly upload and host a few of them so that I can post them in other places for people to see. Any suggestions welcome.

Meanwhile, enjoy the parade of these last five models and thanks for looking in. Comments are always welcome.

Congrats Mark on making it to the 700 mark. It has been a long and arduous journey, with lots of incidents happening in between (Ie, Shooting ones hand with a nail gun). Can't wait for the family pictures, They're bound to be wonderful. In doing this, you should maybe do the pictures by nationality, and maybe years (WWI, WWII, Cold War, Present day). Just some food for thought.

Dave

That's Awesome Mark! :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

You finished it up with some pretty stellar builds too. Looking forward to the group photo.

Brilliant stuff, really looking forward to seeing the hi-res images. Photobucket and Flickr can both handle large file sizes.

Congrats Mark on making it to the 700 mark. It has been a long and arduous journey, with lots of incidents happening in between (Ie, Shooting ones hand with a nail gun). Can't wait for the family pictures, They're bound to be wonderful. In doing this, you should maybe do the pictures by nationality, and maybe years (WWI, WWII, Cold War, Present day). Just some food for thought.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Yes, it has been a tough journey. The last time I took a group Shot like this was in 2013, so it's been three years to build a little under 200 models. I also can't wait for the group shot; this will be magnificent. I will definitely get groups by country, but I will probably limit other shots. I don't want to be moving and shifting things around a lot just for certain pics. I may do family shots of things like Artillery, buses, trucks and other such groupings, but maybe not broken down by years/eras. Too much shifting around. We'll see how it goes. I still need to arrange assistance in getting all these down there to the hall where I plan on setting them up.

That's Awesome Mark! :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

You finished it up with some pretty stellar builds too. Looking forward to the group photo.

Thanks! I am very pleased with the last five I did. They may not be award-winning models but they are definitely good looking models! I can't wait for the group shots too.

Brilliant stuff, really looking forward to seeing the hi-res images. Photobucket and Flickr can both handle large file sizes.

Thanks very much! Good to know about both those sites. I'll probably upload to both of them if possible so that if one goes down. the other will still be available.

Thanks again for the great compliments guys! I truly appreciate you stopping in and commenting.

I thought you had your armor and all separated into Nationalities and eras. If it has a chance of being too fargile, don't do it. I just thought it would be easier for convenience sake to do it like I thought. Still looking forward to seeing the clan.

Dave

B) That's an incredible amount of model building.
Love the models you have posted and are looking forward to seeing the overview :good:

Ian.

Wow, my apologies for not responding sooner. My 12-year-old keyboard finally started to fail so I had to go out and get a new one. Now I can respond.

I thought you had your armor and all separated into Nationalities and eras. If it has a chance of being too fragile, don't do it. I just thought it would be easier for convenience sake to do it like I thought. Still looking forward to seeing the clan.

Dave

Dave, I do have my models separated by Nationalities, and I will be setting them up on the tables in the same manner. Yes; I will be able to take pictures of them all grouped by country. I don't have them subdivided by eras though. I'm just going to line them up by type from lightest to heaviest: Lighter tanks in front of heavier ones, followed by APC's, artillery, trucks and utility etc.

Ian, thanks! It is a lifetime achievement. I also can't wait to shoot pics of the overview.

Back