• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

690 Now Done...Ten More To Go.

Duke Maddog

With these three vehicles being finished, I am now ten models away from my goal of 700 finished small scale vehicles. I was feeling better today and since these three models were so close to being done; I figured it was time to get them over the finish line.

First up is my S Model 1/72 scale Russian BRDM with Konkurs ATGM. It was a simple little kit that I wanted to build to compare to the ACE model I'd done several years before. I liked building the ACE model better. Anyway, here it is all completed:

Russian_Konkurs_I.jpg

Russian_Konkurs_II.jpg

Russian_Konkurs_III.jpg

Next up are two Modelcollect models that I completed. This first one was the toughest one I've ever had to do, mostly because of the photo-etch pieces holding up the side armor; as well as the three-tone camouflage pattern over all that surface detail. I'm thrilled to have finally finished this up. This is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale T-64BV tank:

Russian_T_64BV_I.jpg

Russian_T_64BV_II.jpg

Russian_T_64BV_III.jpg

Finally, there is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale T-90MS I built alongside the T-64BV. This was a fast and easy build compared to the T-64, despite the metal lower hull. Gator Grip Glue from Kenny did a magnificent job of gluing the plastic parts to the metal hull with great strength. This one makes my count 690 completed small scale vehicles:

Russian_T_90MS_I.jpg

Russian_T_90MS_II.jpg

Russian_T_90MS_III.jpg

Okay, now that these are done, I'm going to focus on the buses now to complete them. I'll also be starting the Japanese GSDF Patriot PAC-3 launcher while also trying to move on the Shturmtiger I started some time ago. Stay tuned for those coming in the next update. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Those are three wonderful looking armor pieces. 700 is just around the corner. Are you going to try to go to the Nationals this month? Good job my friend.

Dave

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments and support.

Dave, I cannot afford the Nationals in Columbia. I doubt I can even make them in Omaha. If Chattanooga gets them in 2018 I'll let my IPMS Nationals membership lapse since that is also too far for me to attend.

Thanks again for all the great compliments guys.

Thanks Sharkman! Actually, once I hit 700, I'm going to get a group pic (or five!) and them aim for .....1000! :D (y) :geek

Don't feel bad Mark, finances have made my membership lapse for a while starting this month. Good luck on the 1000.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I still have to get to 700 finished first. Then we'll see.

Oh cool! I just noticed that I got past 3000 posts! It's been some time since I did something like that on any Forums...

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :rotf

Keep on rolling. You'll be there before you know it. :good:

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :rotf

Keep on rolling. You'll be there before you know it. :good:

Thanks Helios. I did manage to start another vehicle, but aside from that, I didn't get much done at all; what with my nephew visiting and job bid calls coming in. I do hope to get something done this week at least, but I don't expect it to be much.

Stay tuned. I have a feeling this might happen by the end of the month.

Back