• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2018 Space Coast IPMS Show

Skinny_Mike

Hi folks! This weekend I attended, and entered, the 2018 Space Coast IPMS show in Melbourne, Florida. Overall not a bad show with a good turn out of around 75 modelers. The categories here are a little hokey, for example, there is one category for 48th jets, regardless of era, which means an Me262 gets judged against an F-15. Its a little weird but it is what it is. The vendors area was a little lighter then the show two years ago, but that's ok, I've been spending a little too much on this hobby as of late! :smack

Overall pretty high quality builds.

:nopics

Yeah that's like the 1:48 prop category we were in once, 140 something entries and they didn't see the need to break it out any.

:nopics

Yeah that's like the 1:48 prop category we were in once, 140 something entries and they didn't see the need to break it out any.

Agreed, but for some reason, I can't get the pictures to attach. I either get a time out error or a 508 error. :idonno

OK - looks like I have the photo deal fixed...

h68d3528.jpg

ha915133.jpg

h18f0f3c.jpg

h5359c0d.jpg

hb525660.jpg

hbd80cb2.jpg

h00564e2.jpg

h4427a10.jpg

Nice birds Mike. glad you got the attachments working. Post a link to their website if they have one.

Did you enter anything?

Some pretty nice birds Mike. Thanks for posting .

The same seems to be true for the vendors around here at the last few shows.

Cheers, Christian B)

Ok guys. Sorry about the goof up with the photos. User error I suspect. Overall I took a little over a hundred photos, but a lot of them didn't turn out great. The area where the models were didin't have the best lighting. Here are the rest of the pictures that turned out well....

h60ed75f.jpg

h9aad56b.jpg

h9f9ff0c.jpg

h118bf2c.jpg

hd1583cb.jpg

ha3446ec.jpg

ha256dc3.jpg

h02b409d.jpg

h098a6d4.jpg

hc49d6e9.jpg

h558af61.jpg

hc5e320f.jpg

Nice birds Mike. glad you got the attachments working. Post a link to their website if they have one.

Did you enter anything?

Here is their website:
Space Coast IPMS Website

I entered my last four builds and I then threw in my Canadian Leopard, just to round out at five, the minimum you pay to enter. Ironically the Leo took second place in NATO Armor 1946 to present. Overall it was a pretty good showing.

WOW! Very cool Pictures, Mike!!
So it isn't just me posting contest snaps! :yipee
I wonder where the Evil Purple Minions came from?
Thanks for taking the time to put up the photos. I know it's no easy task! :good:

Fine looking models. I used to be a member of that club. Say HI, to the gang down there for me. Gary S.

It seems that a lot of contests are cutting down on their categories. Bunching them up like that does make it easier for the show sponsor but harder for the modeler. Our show is this Saturday. We wont be combining the categories so tightly which will allow us to split categories more readily. Again this depends on the number of entrants, scale and genre collectively.The region 5 regionals are pretty tight on their categories this year but again depending on the number of contestants and entrants.

Mike the pics look real nice to me. you did very well in my opinion.

Back