• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2017 IPMS Plastic Surgeons Meetings

5 October 2017 Meeting. In the absence of our intrepid Club President, Ron Huntimer, Club VP,commenced show & tell with tales of GAMARAI 2017.
h0d8c728.JPG

Ron is the proud owner of an original Ford Model A Coupe! :good:
h132f584.JPG

h514e177.JPG

h0a43898.JPG

haec2311.JPG

Bob Malloy finished his WWII Fighter inspired "Stude Snafu" Bonneville salt flats record setter. Panel shading was masked seperately, and the Dzus fasteners were made with a ground hypodermic needle.
h3ad6bc7.JPG

Smilin' Mark Stocker brought his Monogram bagged-kit Find, the 1955 Bel-air "Badman". Put together in the same fashion it was when He was a much smaller child And a $10.00 1/35 Revell M1038 cargo HUMMV. Found on a recent trip to Major's Hobby shop in Davenport, IA.
hffd20a6.JPG

h2bb9cd1.JPG

ha2ae40a.JPG

hfb364d5.JPG

ha5b3379.JPG

Mike brought some more of his 1/53 scale gaming masterpieces. The Tesla Sherman, and PKWFZ IV with Gravity Gun are from a WWII 1946 plus variation. Check out the cool faces on the US Army Infantry! Nice bit o' model making I think. :ro: :dude

hc2333e5.JPG

1/35 Twin 37mm Flak gun mount. You see these in pictures from Normandy
h33dc5bf.JPG

h2f53fb1.JPG

h4757b70.JPG

Don has adopted a 1/16 scale Trumpeter Panzer IV. Poor Panzer, came from a broken home. The "Barry Treatment" is well underway on the sizeable Kit!
h03c7ebc.JPG

Models Are FUN!! as you can plainly see!
h8bcf30f.JPG

h7c7ee02.JPG

Nate Stevens 1/72 Model Airplane production line is producing "Meatballs" Prototype Rex, Early WWII A6M2 Zero Type 21, Mania Ki-48 Lily, vintage 1971, Nakajima A6M2-N Rufe float Zero, and a Jake scout plabe from waht I think might be IJN Chikuma in early WWII livery. Eldest Son Ty(Typhoon)Stevens is cooking up a North Central Iowa Plastic Surgeons Junior satellite chapter!
I had a picture of Jeff Holle's 1/35 scale captured Pupchen, but it was awful. Sorry Jeffie!
That's all for this meetings Post. It was good to see Surgeon Stalwarts and laugh together.
hba66cee.JPG

h7969ac1.JPG

Sometimes, after a long day, a Man just has to stop and watch the Sun set.
See you around sometime!

What a blast! All amazing models!

We have a guy in my HMGS club that actually games with those gaming miniatures out here too. I think Mike's miniatures look far better though.

Nice post! Thanks for keeping us all in virtual attendance!

Tell Don that Panzer IV really looks interesting. The thing that caught my eye was the multiple V belts on the engine. :blink

Thanks for the update Chris!

You and Don are on opposite ends of the scale thing. :laugh: Looks like you had a great meeting and the sky does look much bigger there. B)

:drinks :ro:

16 November 2017 Meeting! :yipee :rotf
he9c9055.JPG

Ron Schultz, with Mark Stocker looking on tells about the Model I would have made for our Revellogram campaign! Thanks Ronnie!!

he9c9055.JPG

he52b4fd.JPG

h5c56885.JPG

Notice the tire bandage is actual cloth on Ron's Funfdecker?!
h5da916a.JPG

hde3f69b.JPG

h98a797f.JPG

See the torn aileron that is an acual piece of cloth?
h2a4db6e.JPG

I like this Model!! Ron usually re-hab's built classic models. He tells me it was nice to make a kit for the first time it was built, even if He "Twisted" his Funfdecker a little bit!

hd08c849.JPG

Bob Maloy's 1936 Ford chopped coupe is his next Chop-shop model car! It's nifty!!
h19e92ab.JPG

Clup President Barry Rolow seems well pleased with his newest Gundam purchase! Check the price tag!
he316983.JPG

hdcbcb3a.JPG

h1fdfc02.JPG

Mark Stocker seems to have caught the bitty airplane bug! Revell's 1/144 E-2C Hawkeye and Minicraft's P-51D Mustang in the same scale! Affable Mark fears no genre!
habf5060.JPG

heef779f.JPG

Young Dane built his Grampa's sole Nationals raffle prize. ARII's cool 1/700 HMS Trafalgar submarine kit. He seemed pleased!
h3a35dbb.JPG

hcd3c0d2.JPG

Don's Twin 37mm (Benelli?)FLaK gun returns, looking properly entrenched!

h18ca2fa.JPG

h07deb50.JPG

There are 7 other "Guys" to add to Don's Luftwaffe AAA Diorama. "Danny, Be the Ball!" will have two other football players as well!
hb0eafa0.JPG

Don used TLAR Model 1/35 WWII Wehrmacht stowage accessories near the net. Unopened bottles and baskets make me think this Moment in History occurred just before Mittagessen (lunchtime for those of you who don't "kenne"!)
h8bc4a54.JPG

Young Kurt Young, engrossed in the goings-on, as usual! :smack

h31ac162.JPG

Don is also attempting the 1/72 He-219-a1 Uhu, from Dragon. He'll find out!! :rotf :bang head :stinker

h86efb6a.JPG

Prodigal (former) President Rodney Shackleford makes a jovial return to Club Meetings! He brought some Airplanes!
Trumpeter's 1/48 Grumman F9F-3 Panther, and Hasegawa's 1/48 Royal Navy Phantom II.
hb19dcad.JPG

h2325c34.JPG

h3fe6ef4.JPG

h4bf0fcf.JPG

hd4f8f50.JPG

Nathan & Ty Stevens are back tonight as well! More Airplanes!! 1/72 this time. :pilot
h9af8359.JPG

h18e068d.JPG

Lots of Red-tailed Ki-61 Tony's. Was there a Tuskegee in Imperial Japan as well? Red Tails!
h7f51ccb.JPG

Italeri's Olld Tool still cool Do-24 flying boat. Special Hobby's Bell XP-7
h306e0aa.JPG

George Stevens & Nate Stevens. Both "Stevens" Both Modelers. Whoodathunkit? :idonno

h714d8fc.JPG

1/35 Panzer III J? It's actually a better picture of Jeff Holle, Mark Benda and George Stevens.

h0c3ecc9.JPG

h366a575.JPG

I don't remember this Member's name. I do remember he owes me $10.00! HA!!

h387881b.JPG

I think that's all for this meeting! It's getting late. Thanks for looking in!!

Wow! I was pooped when I posted that photo of the Women!

Since you ask, on the left is Joyann Parker. If you are into the Blues, do yourself a HUGE favor and give her first CD "Joyann Parker and Sweet Tea, On the Rocks" a listen. Joyann's vocals and musical talents will surely carry her to the very top of the music Biz. She just plain KILLS IT!

On the right is one of my most treasured Woman-friends, Sherry Conolly in her summer wine-sipping garb. She is in the running for the role of IPMS Plastic Surgeons nurse. :drool Raffle tickets might fairly fly from the roll!

30 November 2017 meeting post! :yipee
Not as large a turn-out as in some previous posts. Still, our Merry Modeler band soldiers on.
h7e01aac.JPG

Mark Stocker admires Don's finished Luftwaffe Air defense diorama. :coolio
h93c5042.JPG

h0028e6b.JPG

It is as intricate and detailed as we have come expect from Don! It looks like these Guys have been here for a while, and expect to remain there.
haa8ac76.JPG

Club President Barry Rolow built this cool Gundam Universe 1/35 scale MBT.

hf6be60e.JPG

Ron Huntimer brought a couple of G-scale 1/24 scale Buildings to add to his Garden Railroad modular section. I think he said Pola, a Germany company made them. They look pretty stout.
hdf93e69.JPG

hcc75b0a.JPG

Ron also had an aging Gem.
h2c406d0.JPG

An old ERTL Massey Ferguson Tractor kit! Neet-o!
h112d852.JPG

Ron Schultz brought a Zombie. I'm not sure why.
he1a54bb.JPG

h1c1ca7a.JPG

Ty-foon Stevens Monogram 1/48 Hind E. Seen Rambo? Red Dawn? Yup! Still a nightmare to build!

h6462505.JPG

ha4ab71d.JPG

Nathan Stevens, is running his 1/72 Assembly line again. This time we are treated to 3 Lockheed P/F-80 Shooting Star fighters. 2 Old Airfix, and the newer Sword kit! Nate says the Sword resin wheel bays fit nice, and look good! :ro: The Alclad is on, and the 2 wheels-up Airfix P-80's will be "What-if" late WWII jets.
h2bb5f2d.JPG

hcc3f17d.JPG

h7162fb0.JPG

Ray Powers (actually looking at the camera for once) Brought us a couple of Ki's a 61 and an 84!
h74b26fa.JPG

h5b98c7d.JPG

Joe Lotz is working on a big really crappy Russian Truck and a Meng 1/35 Gepard. (I always did have a fondness for the Gepard) Joe's concerned about the tires for his Truck.
haa962b4.JPG

Ross looks concerned as well!

h934b51c.JPG

h1274124.JPG

h7162fb0_2017-12-01.JPG

Menbers in attendance!

I drove my car tonight, so I brought a bunch of castings so the Surgeons could see what I've been up to. I realize the 1/700 isn't everybody's Thing. I was well pleased the the compliments I received about detail & quality of the castings. I take a lot of pride in my workmanship. OH! The 1/350 Great White was a big hit!

That's all for now! Thanks for looking in!

I've always thought it would be neat to get those railroad kits just as a weathering subject. Looks like a good meet!
(y)

I always thought Ron Huntimer looked a little like a more mature George Armstrong Custer. :hmmm :idonno
His Garden railroad stuff is outdoors 3 seasons of the year. The "weathering" is caused by Weather!!
I confessed my desire to strafe his lay-out aloud once. :bat All I need now is a 1/24 scale Tomcat!
:pilot
:eek:ldguy
:salute

Back