• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 The Start!

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Paint Work 4-9-17

Thanks, guys! I have been kind of distracted this week, hoping to lay some camo on this shoebox soon. Thanks for dropping by!

:drinks

Very nice, clean build Mike,

Base coat looks perfect!

I came in on this one late, but, so far, looking' great!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Thank you, Bob!

My wife and I took a few days off, worked in the yard and around the house getting ready for summer, so there hasn't been much modeling going on around here. I did manage to get some stuff done today, here's proof.

Tracks are assembled.

IMG_9255.JPG

I needed some stuff for my six pack rack, so I rummaged through my stash and came across this vintage set of Squadron Jerry Cans. I won them in a raffle ages ago, so thought they'd fill the bill.

IMG_9260.JPG

IMG_9261.JPG

I also got the black shot on all the road wheels, ready for paint.

IMG_9262.JPG

IMG_9263.JPG

There will be more stuff on the rack, so stay tuned. Thanks for coming by!

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Camo 5-6-17

Thanks for taking to to comment, my friends! I had been arguing with myself about the camo pattern (funny how you never win that one) and finally decided to take the plunge this morning.

I shot a very thin mixture of Tamiya XF-68 and X-20a for the brown and XF-73 thinned with X-20a for the green.

IMG_9264.JPG

IMG_9265.JPG

IMG_9266.JPG

IMG_9267.JPG

This was the inspiration photo.

sig-33-b-self-propelled-gun-01.png

Lots of layers to follow, stay tuned.

Thanks for coming by!

Pattern is good but i'm wondering if your Green maybe a little to light,it may almost disappear with your weathering Everett. :idonno

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Yeah, it may be a little on the subtle side, guess I can always add. Thanks Chris,Tony and Bob! (y)

I always did wonder how you Tank-guys did the whole thing first, and the running gear last. :hmmm
(y) :notworthy :dude :good:

I have to agree with Tony, the green doesn't look right.
Love the pattern though!

B) (y)
Great model as usual Mike - i have never built one of these either so this is very interesting.
I love the extra detail you have added . Makes the 'box' come to life a bit more.

Ian.

Clever Tony Lee has struck upon the IPMS Plastic Surgeons Club joke.
"That green is not right. What do you think of that green paint, Ross?" HA!!
Keep goin' Tiki!! I like it! :rotf :bat :salute :soldier

I waited until you got back to see if the Surgeon's joke got caught. :laugh:

There's an update brewing and a day off tomorrow. (y)

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 UPDATE 5-19-17

I had the day off, so I played hookey from the grownup world and spent the day at the bench. :D I'd been getting a little in here and there, but not enough progress to warrant an update. I "borrowed" the decals from another kit in my stash, I liked the black and white better than this kit's red and white.

IMG_9268.JPG

Prior to sealing the paint for the decals, I had distressed the camo some for that worn, lived in look.

IMG_9270.JPG

Look close and you'll see the scratches and such.

IMG_9271.JPG

The green is lighter than I'd intended, but since so many of these vehicles turn up in just yellow and brown, it's not a stretch to think maybe they added some field gray to break things up some more.

IMG_9272.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG

It just means I don't have to fade it as much from here. :laugh:

Remember the reference photo?

sig-33-b-self-propelled-gun-01.png

Well, here's where we are today.

IMG_9265bw.jpg

IMG_9268BW.jpg

Much more in store, thanks for coming by.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 UPDATE 5-19-17

(y) Looks pretty good to me although one of the colors might be a shade darker in the black & whites :hmmm

Either way I like it . Typical German engineering . Strong box on wheels . :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Back