• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

105 SHERMAN(STREAK TO THE FINISH)

Last night after reading the next great lesson from Bob I went back to the bench. I applied pin wash of raw umber. Then I did some streaking using tiny dots of flake white, indian red, and dark green. I need feed back from Bob on what I should do next. Here is the result of last nights effort.

B)

DSC07124.JPG

DSC07125.JPG

DSC07126.JPG

Bob says the next lesson will be on chipping and rusting. That may be hard for me to do because I may have a scale issue.

DSC07131.JPG

B)

Nice job Terry!
Where did you get that giant size US quarter? :laugh: ...No, seriously :huh:

Cheers,

Bill

Yo Terry,

Is that 1/72nd scale? :notworthy :notworthy

Well, it looks great so far, I would just dry brush a touch lighter on the center of large areas. It could be that the lighting is just making it look dark. You'll have to determine that. If it is lighting, try photographing it outside.

About the scratches, rust and chipping, it's possible, but, obviously you have to work very, very carefully. It looks like you have already applied some rust. I'll have to go out and look at the weathering on the vehicles in Coccoon which is the same scale. Haven't worked in that scale since I built that back in 1985

Bob

Yo Terry,

Is that 1/72nd scale? :notworthy :notworthy

Well, it looks great so far, I would just dry brush a touch lighter on the center of large areas. It could be that the lighting is just making it look dark. You'll have to determine that. If it is lighting, try photographing it outside.

About the scratches, rust and chipping, it's possible, but, obviously you have to work very, very carefully. It looks like you have already applied some rust. I'll have to go out and look at the weathering on the vehicles in Coccoon which is the same scale. Haven't worked in that scale since I built that back in 1985

Bob

Yeah it's 72nd. Part of it is the lighting, but I will do some more dry brushing because it is a little dark. I will try the chipping. I did some on a 72nd Bradley way back when and some of them were way out of scale. I think my rust is a little over done.

Thanks teach!

Thought I was looking at a 1/35th scale Sherman until the giant quarter popped up! Beautiful job, evern the more better with such a tiny scale. (y)

Back