• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Meng Mansyu KI-98

Jeeves

Well-- I was going to try my hand at this kit way outside my scale comfort zone since Saúl had sent it out as a bonus kit with my Valentine kit. But there has been a bit of a change of plans. I have really struggled to get my son into the hobby...we built a Hellcat together a while back and I am ashamed to say I wasn't as laissez-faire as I should have been and I think he mistook my OCD for a general mistrust of his abilities. He has always been into video games and the like since a very early age and while we do limit his time on them, it is what he excels at. This morning I made him come up to the man room with me to hang out while I built and offered once again the chance for him to build something from the stash.

He said he sucked at it and didn't want to try...but I think when I showed him the Academy Sabre jet I had in the stash, he had an inkling...so I persevered and tried a new tactic. Told him that I had this model and have never tried the scale as it was kind of too small for me-- and said that he would be the first to try something in 1/72 and that he'd be better at it than I was...so my sincere thanks to Saúl-- I realize that I still haven't delved into 1/72...but I know you well enough to know that my choice of Lucas building the kit instead would please you :)

It was sent as loose sprues in the Valentine box-- so I have nothing but the instruction manual and kit in an old box-- but I am having Lucas build it with as little help from Dad as possible and I'll put the ribbon in my sig when it's done so I can show it to him whenever I post ;)

002~48.jpg

Thanks guys...he was reluctant to stop building yesterday when he had to go to his basketball banquet...and had a friend over until late today so we haven't built too much since he started a bit but I'll get him back on it this week...

Dealing with a very short attention span ;). Baseball just started up for both of us and spring break just ended but I had little time for modeling :(. Hope to get him back at it soon...

Back