• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 KI-51 Sonia

Thanks for the positive vibes you guys (y)

Sorry about the posting delays guys . I just spent an entire day trying to figure out why my picture folders no longer displayed the pictures like it use to . Possibly an update or a chnage of in windows program :idonno

After that small dilema , I found myself locked out of Gmail . That took forever to solve .... :soldier

Tell me again how computers are my friend :smack MP could prbably solved it by mashing three buttons :blush:

Anyhow ,

hece3fe1.jpg

Attaching antenna wires to the mast in this scale has always been less than :facepalm great . Sort of like this one but I need to scale it down some.

h509533a_2017-09-23.jpg

The rear gunner gun was modified by adding a sight , making a ammo magazine, the wooden parts of the stock and drilling the barrel....Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before inserting it in the office
Would of like never got it back in there.

I was finally able to make a descent copy of the sliding part of the front cockpits :woohoo:

he9199a3.jpg

h40647af.jpg

If you look at the pictures carefully , you will notice some sublle dirt and liquid stains made with some AK interactive effects . All the pictures showed well cared for birds .
Really enjoyed the newly found AK's... They are more obvious in real life.

h0bc0d30.jpg

h509533a_2017-09-23-2.jpg

ha3e4a31.jpg

hd4660d1.jpg

Antenna wire is charcoal invisible thread

hd286e81.jpg

gun barrels are two sizes of albyon aluminum tubing

h8388225.jpg

h14f3cf8.jpg

h816bd09.jpg

Well , I believe that was it. Fun old kit with a bit of work .

Hope you like it . Cheers, Christian

Thanks Mike and Mark. Really amazing what a great kit mold they produced so many years ago .

Theses people were really at top of their game.

Matter of fact Hasegawa has recently realease it again as a double kit with the KI-48 Lily ( also molded by Manya )

Cheers, Christian B)

That base is something you don't normally do, can you please tell us about it? :coolio

Not a whole lot to say MIke ...Old plaque from a club.

Small amout of river sand frommy backyard .microwaved till dried.

sprinkle onto plaque to you heart't content .

Mixtap water a bit of dish soap and a small amount of white glue. Mix well .

add a bit to the dirt till it's wet ( slowly ) . When it's wet, sprinkle some railroad grass ttill you luke it.

Let dry overnight. :coolio See, told you . Cheer, Christian

Makes it easy to move your bird for thr pix...

A humble, esoteric subject, SO WELL executed! SOGAI! very nice play! :woohoo: :notworthy :ro: (y) :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

Hey Dave . I think we can have a trade off here.

I borrow your spidders for my rigging and you borrow my worms... :drinks

Thank you, Christian B)

Thanks Warren . I'm sure that with your modeling skills, that should be no problem at all. :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back