• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USS Kamehameha (SSBN-642)

Kenny watch this video, water effects by woodland scenic, I think this will work with practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4R4vVDP0Z98

Before I watched the video I was kicking around the idea of hot glue applied to a wire armature.

Well, King Kamehameha seems to be a tad upset that I haven't worked on his submarine in a while. Last night he sent Angry Tiki to tell me to get this build moving again.

Not wanting to piss off an angry tiki head, I started working on the Poseidon missile. the illustration I have been using as a reference showed a copper or bronze color on parts of the missile along with white. Not knowing how accurate the color was, you all know that all illustrators get the color right :idonno , I turned to Google in hopes of finding a photo of the missile. What I found is a mockup of the missile in Hawaii. The missile is bare metal with a copper looking metal in certain places. So, now with my references in hand, I can base coat the missile silver and then apply the copper color.

posieden_zpsz5zpur1r.jpg

Angry Tiki was cracking the whip at lunch. I had to reach deep in my bag of trick and dust off an old one to get the Poseidon missile done. Using a 3cc oral syringe and a 26ga needle, I applied original blend Gator's Grip Hobby Glue one dot at a time to build up the air bubble trail.

preview_image_1_81699292x_zpskc4gov6t.jpg

Lastest photo. I'm going to try mixing the color for the copper/bronze areas tonight. I'll take the bronze color and mix in some maroon. The bubbles will be painted white and then hit with a light blue wash.

preview_image_1_96486342x_zps2fbyptam.jpg

Back