• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Mitsubishi A5M4K

I try hard not to be a bad influence but as long I am being blamed :rotf , I might be the devil's advocate and show my favorite version of the trainer.

A5K_b.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Sorry to disappoint Christian but I think I'm going to go with the all orange trainer for this one! I like the look of the full anti glare paint on the nose!

Hey Warren . From here it looks as though the lower fuselage or the cross over part of the wing might need some trimming :idonno

Might bring the two together better ( definitely not a Fujimi )

Cheers, Christian B)

It might, this whole kit needs some trimming!

The instructions actually mention to put a sprue spacer in the bottom of the fuselage which might help out with that gap so I'll play around with that and take your suggestion as well.

This kit actually gives you the choice of fully spatted wheels and un-spatted. I've decided to split the difference and cut down the fully spatted pieces to better represent the image I posted earlier.

first one cut down

with the wheel

Hey Warren . From here it looks as though the lower fuselage or the cross over part of the wing might need some trimming :idonno

Might bring the two together better ( definitely not a Fujimi )

Cheers, Christian B)

I CORNcur!! This is the typical Classic hairloss kit :bang head :tomato Same problem I had on the Mig-3 :facepalm

I like the idea of the unspatted gear since there is a lot of pictures to support that idea .

As far as the all orange paint job, I like it as well . It tends to supports an earlier time frame.

I wish some of the 1/72 manufacturers would offer that option as it was popular with a lot of birds . Sometime to include the main gear doors.

Cheers, Christian B)

Got some more done on this one while the mig's putty was drying.

Cleaned up the body and the wings and then started to tackle the side panels for the cockpits. These are all resin

Of course, they didn't fit so it required more sanding.

Had to grind out the interior with the Dremel and remove quite a bit of plastic

superglued

and then had them glued in until I realized I needed a space for the bulkhead! Had to pull them apart and re-glue them!

Fits now don't it?! :popcorn

I've been sanding on the Bulldog, yeah nothing really fits.
Good update Warren, :popcorn

Looks like you are beating it into shape Warren, are you going to be able to make the December 1 deadline ?

Thanks Gary,

In all likelihood.....Not a chance!!! :D But, I'll try my best!

I had thought this fall would be rather quiet for me at work but I've been doing field work like crazy and with kids parties and other projects at home I think I bit off more than I can chew this year!!

Going to try and finish the P.C.7 on time though!

:gogo

Sorry to hear . Just slide it to another place .

Some of us would like to see the build :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the support guys!

Don't worry, I will finish it. I'm still working on the Piaggio and plan to try and finish the Mig 21 in Second Chance. That should be enough until the end of January.

Might just move this to Wessendorf field.. I want to see it done as well!

:pilot

Back