• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hasegawa P-40E Warhawk

tomwes

I have been in a "Not finishing models slump" for some time and am trying to break out of it. I built this kit almost 4 years ago and as I was getting ready to paint I spilled lacquer thinner on the clear parts ruining them......I placed the model back in the box while swearing and forgot about it till last week. The kit just needed paint and I just needed to finish something so I robbed the clear parts out of another kit and got busy. The base coat is medium green not olive drab.

P-40E002.jpg

P-40E005.jpg

P-40E007.jpg

P-40E008.jpg

P-40E009.jpg

P-40E003.jpg

P-40E004.jpg

P-40E006.jpg

I have a few touch-ups to do and give it a wash then final assembly.

All comments and criticism welcome, thanks. Tom

Thanks James, I forgot to mention that this was the aircraft of Lt. Robert H. Vaughn, 9th FS, 49th FG, Australia, 1942. Gonna order the clear parts for the other kit right now :)

Tom

Clicking the image is one of those all or none things, the image is any bigger but you should be able to click it now.

Funny, I remember that build when you were posting it at Swanny's. We've threatened a Shelf Queen GB for a long time, don't know which one I would do. Glad to see you stick with it Tom.

Not to worry, I updated my post to link to the properly scaled items but none for Hasegawa.

Regards,

Hey Tom, don't get those canopy's James and I linked...I"m in James's boat here, I quit for the evening.

Allll Right!!! Tom is back in the game. I love P-40's and this is a good one.

Terry B)

I did some dot filtering on this this weekend and here is how it looks so far, the flash really makes the filtering look very stark but it doesn't look too bad under natural light. I used some white, yellow ochre, naples yellow and burnt sienna on this.

Modelshow064.jpg

Modelshow065.jpg

Modelshow066.jpg

Modelshow067.jpg

Modelshow068.jpg

Modelshow069.jpg

Modelshow071.jpg

All comments welcome. Thanks, Tom

Hey Tom, it looks pretty good to me but you could just pust some chalks on the flash if you want to tone it down.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back