• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Airfix Buccaneer

Looks like you have an
quote.gif
easy
quote.gif
model there mate

Looks like you have an
quote.gif
easy
quote.gif
model there mate

MMmmmmmmmm YYaaasssssssss...........
quote.gif
EASY
quote.gif
for you to say......
dry.gif

ANy hoooo.......managed to get the front side of the inner wings glued. What I didn't glue was the intake trunks as they will need a bit of shimming up to reduce the amount of sanding required at a (much) later point in time....
IMG_0257~0.JPG

IMG_0258~0.JPG

IMG_0259~0.JPG

IMG_0260~0.JPG

I guy could almost paint some eyes and a set of teeth on that snout.....
IMG_0261_1.JPG

:D
:drinks

Once the canopy is in place, the cockpit should look fine.

Which markings are you going for...

Hello Sailor?
6414241349_f8b22000b5_z.jpg

Sea Witch
?
sea_witch_43.jpg

Guiness Girl
?
1845556.jpg

Miss Jolly Roger?
miss_jolly_3.jpg

Or The Flying Mermaid?
Buccaneer%20S.2B%20XX901%20%27Kathryn%27%20full%20mission%20tally%202.jpg

Regards,

K, things are slowly getting there :soldier

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

Fear of the cockpit breaking loose while twisting and torquing on the fuselage to get it lined up meant that I made sure it was glued solidly to the rear bulkhead......bad idea as it did break loose at the ribs but probably because it was so securely glued there. Oh well I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, I stuffed some plasticard between the cockpit and wheel well to force it up a bit and in hind sight I'd suggest not glue it to the back but adding some shims under it and securing it to the ribs would have been a better idea.

IMG_0369~0.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

:drinks

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?[/video]

Back