• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 scale, Part of a Uboot bunker + Uboot.

1/35 scale, Part of a Uboot bunker

Third shade of a even lighter grey.
From now on it is washes and all the other weathering techniques :bat

h4ac2bdd.JPG

ha7ed72f.JPG

hb5a34fd.JPG

:eek:ldguy My artist impression so far,when all is weathered it's going to look real nice :bat

I recent found out the bunker was painted wile it was being build.
The the wall fronts and roof with the flak tower had camouflage pattern painted on (a German Yellow and brown )

Al the other bunkers were completely painted. even the smallest got a lick of paint .

Why they even bother to paint these i dont know .....you see them from miles away!
But we german armour/plane builders all know that Jerry was a real stickler when it comes to painting there hardware.

Wow Piet! Looks great so far and I always love to hear the background stories on this stuff. :notworthy (y)

A week ago a got a mail from a fellow bunker enthusiast,
he was compelled to tell me because it was such a nice build.... he told me there was no green used on the parts i already painted it has to be brown....
and he showed me why and because ....It made a lot of sense (to me )

h9d78299.JPG

hc7822aa.JPG

h9d82bda.JPG

h1953f40.JPG

So last night I removed of al the green paint and gave it a new coat of German yellow.

There will be green on other parts of the bunker, but that is for later .

Good thing you bought that big can of paint. :laugh: I like the yellow! :dude

The plan back than, was to repaint the complete bunker green .

h591cd03.JPG

hd4315b7.JPG

hadb58aa.jpg

(they never finished the job).
The old paint scheme was yellow and brown ,here you can still see some the original colors.

hbe502db.jpg

h90cad03.jpg

The Lorient area held out from August 44 until May 45 when Europe was liberated by the Allies
The Last U-boat (U-853) to leave the base was on August 27 th 1944 .

h07ed3ee.JPG

Most of the base collours are done..........next job will be the roof and the fangrost support beams and steps at the rear of the FLAK tower,it loos so clean ....cant wait for the weathering stage .
h2a566bf.jpg

FANGROST:
Concrete beams to create a space just above the roof of the bunker,Any bombs that would hit the roof will detonate against these beams and hopefully will not penetrate the already 6 Meter plus roof.
On the lorient Keroman III bunker they were not finished so just the suport beams.

That's really going to look cool when you weather the new paint scheme. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the fangrost. (y) :drinks

Fangrost support beams,all primed and ready to be glued in place.
h03b23b9.JPG

h464823f.JPG

h8fe8869.JPG

Back