• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 LCM 3

Thanks guys!

Luiz, keeping my fingers crossed hoping this works out :facepalm

Sanded the bottom but did not take pictures as well because I forgot to

Worked on the bow gate, I noticed on some pictures there is two different bow gates. I was about to start cutting and rebuilding and before I did I rechecked my reference. I think the Italeri one is different than the Trumpeter. With that now there is not that much to rework. I removed the thread way rods so it will be easier to file and sand. Plus replacing them with rod styrene I will not have to worry about seam lines on them.

001_zpsiqrohpys.jpg

002_zpsyrpzcwbl.jpg

Added styrene strip to fill the really low spots
003_zpshqgalylj.jpg

now back to sanding and thinking of ordering PE for the M25

:drunk

So you waited as long to 're-float' this project as I did for the wee V100... OK, you have my attetion friend :popcorn .

Ian.

Thanks guys! :good:

found this interesting reading tonight, the part I noted was the boats being pushed off the trucks by bulldozers :hmmm

http://mason.gmu.edu/~rharless/The%20Rhine.htm

On the boat, I've been filling, sanding - repeat. I did get a good couple coats of shake and shoot primer on it. I had too, felt like I was just chasing the low spots. I very well could have but it was getting hard to tell. Pictures later. Got a couple days off coming hope to get the hull to the point of assemble and detailing.

:drinks

progress shots

001_zpshlbpfhm3.jpg

002_zpsnvtsgtuj.jpg

first primer

003_zpskaqjzmme.jpg

004_zpsuckvztre.jpg

Here you can see some cracking in the side work. I found I caused this by holding the side while sanding. The side would flex :facepalm

005_zpsfuzemd03.jpg

shots of after a another coat of putty and sanding
006_zpsuupx4gfa.jpg

007_zpsyz7ceckb.jpg

008_zps4inxo6bz.jpg

puttied up the punch marks on the boat house, I then forgot to primer it
009_zps64ge7azh.jpg

added some more damage to the bow gate, not sure if I like it might just have to putty over some of it
010_zps25wda51j.jpg

after primer, going to try some sanding and hope I can get the look I'm after :hmmm
014_zpsbf4d65sc.jpg

added some dents with my Dremel
011_zpsgtdbelok.jpg

012_zpsroo0ilk9.jpg

second primer
013_zps2il44sjj.jpg

015_zpserkzokjn.jpg

017_zpst2klpyyn.jpg

You may know this, Jeff, but back in the UK, there's a whole IPMS SIG dedicated to 1:35 Landing Craft and 'Brown Water Navy' vessels, may be worth hunting-them-down, just for some input or inspiration.. just a thought.

Really like the results you're getting here, has all the hallmarks of another one of your 'Labour-of-Love' projects.

Ian.

Finally sat myself down and did something!

some more work on the bow gate

I replaced the molded on rods with styrene rods. All that work just so I did not have to remove seam lines :gogo

054_zpsixql9fkr.jpg

I sanded in some dents. I first used 80 grit, then 120 grit, then 320 grit and finish sanded with 400. Now if it turns out cool I'll be good :facepalm

053_zpszvur238f.jpg

I scratched in these pieces with styrene. I really don't know what it is, but it's in the pictures. Maybe it is a splash guard or something

055_zpsvplsosio.jpg

I used some copper wire for the rungs instead of the kit supplied parts.

057_zpsrrvhweug.jpg

I replaced the molded bump with bolt heads from Verlinden

056_zpsikpoczfq.jpg

I ended up removing these and replacing them with copper wire. One I did not again have to worry about mold seams and it was easier in the long run.

058_zpsvfcedz8e.jpg

059_zps0con7rpj.jpg

Things went fast at this point, maybe half way on the build?

060_zpsnmmtmzyh.jpg

Back