• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Special Hobby Tempest

Paulw

I have built this kit before and I think I figured out how to sort of navigate myself around the issues that the kit poses. The last time I used the Barracuda cowl and prop set and it came out OK.

This time I am going with a mostly OOTB build Using a resin seat and 3d printed seat decals.
One of the most annoying issues is the kit cowling fit so I decided to add the cowling halves first to the fuse halves and see if I can find a fix. This is what I found.

The lap joint the is the assembly was not flush mounting. I then filed and cut away the offending area of the entire joint and was able to pull it down more closely to where it should be.

After I had the all curedI went to the next step and started assembling the pit and the inside walls. I sprayed a coat of aqua gloss and did some washes.

Ill do some more to the pit and get it finished in the next few days. I am taking this slow.

By the way, Ill drop a couple of pics to show what my previous model looked like.

Thanks for looking.

7vQiGXH - Imgur.gif

Thanks for the kudos everybody.

I chose to really take my time with the pit before I cemented it into the fuse half. I only have two pics so far but I plan on getting the whole fuse sewn up today sometime which will be sometime after I do the snow removal and since we are expecting 8 to 12 inches more that might be going on for a couple of days. To me the cockpit assembly is pretty fiddly so I just let parts cure before I continued on to the finish. I was going to use the 3d seat belt decals but I chose the Eduard pe set over them because the Eduard set looks more scale to me where the decals looked more for a 48 scale subject instead of the 32 that they are.
[image]

[/image]

Back