• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Mitsubishi A5M4K

sharkman

Master at Arms
Probably biting off more than I can chew but Chris' latest build inspired me! (or I'm just feeling the need to break into more plastic)!

I'll give this a go..

The vac canopies yellowed a bit in this when I got it but I taped them to a window and forgot about them for about 3 months and they did lighten up a fair bit. I'll take a pic of the results for next time!

I try hard not to be a bad influence but as long I am being blamed :rotf , I might be the devil's advocate and show my favorite version of the trainer.

A5K_b.jpg

In the future I will build this one unless your build gets on my nerves too bad :coolio

A5M4_b.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

You gotta watch that Chris guy, Warren, he'll get you into all kinds of messes. I used to just build cars and bikes. :laugh:

Best of luck with your newest endeavor. :drinks

You gotta watch that Chris guy, Warren, he'll get you into all kinds of messes. I used to just build cars and bikes. :laugh:

Best of luck with your newest endeavor. :drinks

Ahem, I can't remember anything that did not have any wings :idonno . You must have mistaken me for that :mpup guy he's all over the playing field . ( all at the same time )

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks folks!

I got a chance to start this last evening after doing some sanding on the 109 for the captured warbird campaign. Should have some paint on that one soon!

So, here's a brief update! Should have an update on the 109 soon as well!

I started with the engine on this kit. There's a lot of resin bits packed in, mostly destined for the cockpit and the engine. Each cylinder has to be cleaned up individually. This is my first CA kit to build and it looks like it will take some work.

Half way

Engine done! Just need some wires, push rods and braces. Of course, it doesn't fit into the cowling so I'll have to be creative there!

Also got a start on the interior. That bulkhead was filled in but was open on the real plane so I cut the resin out. Also, the pit doesn't fit into the fuselage...too wide!

Going to have some issues with the wing root too! (NOT A FUJIMI KIT!!!! :frantic )

Here are the canopies after being taped to a window in the sun for a few months. I had tried peroxide on these as well but thatdid squat!

Hey Warren . From here it looks as though the lower fuselage or the cross over part of the wing might need some trimming :idonno

Might bring the two together better ( definitely not a Fujimi )

Cheers, Christian B)

Back