• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Japanese Type 1, 75 mm

Thanks iambrb!

Ok, here are the official start up pics!

Two figures come with the kit....

and the after market...

An Eduard PE set
Fruil tracks
and a Lion Roar barrel (this is actually for the 75 mm Type 3 Chi Hu and it might not work).

Nice one Warren ... I hope you can give me some pointers, I'm not in the Dark yet ... Dusk maybe :soldier

Thanks guys!

Good thing the Japanese and the Germans were allies otherwise I'd be seriously outnumbered right now!!!

While parts of the Mig were drying, I decided to get a start on this...

got most of the lower fuselage, er ah I mean HULL together!!! :D
No real complaints so far other than I found a little ridge of flash, barely noticeable on most of the pieces. This was easily cleaned up by scraping a sharp X-acto along the edge.

What do most of you armor guys do with the road wheels with the rubber? paint them separately and then add them later or just fix them to the hull and then try to paint the rubber???

:idonno

No real complaints so far other than I found a little ridge of flash, barely noticeable on most of the pieces. This was easily cleaned up by scraping a sharp X-acto along the edge.

What do most of you armor guys do with the road wheels with the rubber? paint them separately and then add them later or just fix them to the hull and then try to paint the rubber???

NIce start Warren (y) Good question on the road wheels... :idonno but, waiting to hear... :hmmm

Thanks Ed!

Did a little scratch building on this last night. Aside from a seat and the start of a gear box, there's not much on the front of this kit. Since the top is open you can see down inside so I thought I'd fill it in with a little stuff just so it doesn't look bare. Not sure what it really would have looked like but I robbed the spares box and this is what I came up with

and I worked on the 75 mm a bit too. mocked it up for now, nothing glued.

I don't know the answer ... I paint the road wheels with AB to get the detail and weathering ... then hand paint the tires with Vallejo rubber paint ... after this dries I add pin washes to the wheels to pop the details. Unfortunately this doesn't show on my photos ...

This one has been moved back to the bench now that the ASU-57 is done. I'll get back on it once I get back to Canada!

;)

One of these days i'll get mine back out and finish it.

I think i've even got the paint laid back for it.

:eek:ldguy

I do them seperately. I recently tried building it fully up and then painting them on the KV-2 that I cmpleted a bit ago, but it was so trying that I went back to doing it seperately

I'll have to leave them off and try them separately!

Did some more work on the port side road wheels. So much repetition in building tanks! :fencing

And got started on the tracks today!! The is going to be slow going but wow, do they look great compared to the ASU-57 tracks!

Back