• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok let's move out! Here's my paper and model. Made some progress running gear and engine compartment.

DSC04040.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04042.jpg

DSC04044.jpg

DSC04045.jpg

Terry B)

Re: Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"DIRTY JOB"

Nice start Terry! Your ribbon bar is going to outgrow the signature area.

Re: Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS'

Awesome!
Another M113. I built the Tamiya kit about 10 years ago. Tamiya kits always seem to build well. No trimming, no filling, just building. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your build. I'm taking a shot at the Academy kit this time. Please keep us posted on your progress.
DioRandy

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS'

Go Terry!!

If you keep it up with the GBs, you may become the most decorated modeler on T & T! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I always enjoy your builds!

Bob

Re: Terry's M113

moon puppy wrote:
Nice start Terry! Your ribbon bar is going to outgrow the signature area.

Thanks MP! Still plenty of room yet.

Terry B)

Re: Terry's M113

DioRandy wrote:
Awesome!
Another M113. I built the Tamiya kit about 10 years ago. Tamiya kits always seem to build well. No trimming, no filling, just building. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your build. I'm taking a shot at the Academy kit this time. Please keep us posted on your progress.
DioRandy

Thanks!! I have found some interior pictures so I am going to see what I can do with the insides of this kit.

Terry B)

Re:Terry's M113

bob letterman wrote:
Go Terry!!

If you keep it up with the GBs, you may become the most decorated modeler on T & T! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I always enjoy your builds!

Bob

Thanks Bob!! Participation does not make me any good, but I enjoy a schedule.

Terry :laugh: :laugh:

Terry will have a distinct lean to the left with all them medals :laugh:

Well I am always lovin a Terry build ;)

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Terry will have a distinct lean to the left with all them medals :laugh:

Well I am always lovin a Terry build ;)

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny! I will try not to walk funny because of the weight.

Terry :lol:

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS'

Ok! Sherman Ok! Well boys and girls I've been working on the engine compartment of the ole track and by George I think I got it. Here are some pictures of the work so far. Next I thing I will tackle the drivers area.

Terry B)

DSC04049.jpg

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04051.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04057.jpg

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

B)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' UPDATE 1

gee wizz! outstanding terry!

i know why i don't do work like that, i hate it doing stuff like that - the more i have to marvel at someone tackling work like this!

Thanks Laura!! I know you could do it! All you need is some good pictures, a little wire, some old sprue, and some gizmology.

Terry B)

Awesome, Terry!

That's the finest looking engine compartment I've ever seen on an armored vehicle. When are you goin' to fire that baby up? Even the car guys would marvel at your exceptional work in that area.

Peace and Love, DioRandy

Thanks Randy! I'm just glad that there is a small opening to see it through.

Terry B)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' UPDATE 2

Well it's been almost two weeks since the last update. So boys and girls here is a new one. I have been working on the interior cabin of my little track in particular the drivers area. The only kit parts are the steering levers and the gauge panel. The front hull drivers controls are scratch built from bits of styrene and wire, the radios are Verlinden. I have also done some detailing to the cabin heater by adding some wire and PE from the spares box. I have painted the interior at this point a pale green. There is some question if the interior should white or sea foam green so I am going to split the difference and base coat with interior green and over spray with white. Here are some pictures and comments and questions are always welcome.

Terry B)

M11317-1.jpg

View from the rear hatch.

M11315.jpg

Front panel before painting
M11314.jpg

M11312.jpg

Front panel installed to check fit.

M11316.jpg

Front panel controls painted.

M11311.jpg

Verlinden radios installed on scratch shelf.

M11310.jpg

View of the left side still some details to add.

DSC04059.jpg

Cabin heater.

B)

Awesome, Terry

What superb detail. It deserves a worthy crew, perhaps, the one from Bravo-6?
Oops, I'm beginning to sound like a rep for the company.

DioRandy

Thanks guys!!! I didn't know Bravo-6 made a crew WOW. I will have to look into that.

Terry B)

rats! :pinch: another update missed and only noticed by chance!

terrific details! this will be soooooooooooo cool when done!

Back