• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A-4F VA-152 * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

For the Skyhawk Anniversary GB over at Kiwi Modeller - The 1980 vintage Esci kit re-boxed and re-issued by Italeri a couple of years ago. First job was to cut down one of the 300gallon wing tanks so I can mount it on the centreline pylon:

hd8d773a.JPG

Next, I built the model - well all the 'big bits' anyways:

h0f264d6.JPG

h31f2a0b.JPG

h156fc41.JPG

Not sure that this is going to take too long !! :blush: - All comments, questions and criticism welcome. More soon.

Ian.

A-4F VA-152 'Wild Aces' 1970

That's a nasty seam, wasn't there an avionics package carried on centerline that would cover that seam up?

I really like Skyhawk, grat progress Ian! :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

There isn't a whole lot wrong with the old Esci Scooter. Make a tidy little jet, for not-so-much $$! This is lookin' swell Ian!!

Mind them backard Humps, 'Pup! You might injure something! :yipee

You're right there's very little to fault with the accuracy of this wee kit. Yes the detail is a little crude in places and yes the 'pit has decals - but let's be honest it is TINY and with the lid closed...

Last night I attached the undercarriage legs, and may get to shoot a primer coat this evening. It's far too warm to spray this afternoon, and besides I'm busy Coastguarding just now :drinks

Ian.

Primer on:

heb7e1f2.jpg

h4f7ea88.jpg

h4dfd438.jpg

Going to leave it to dry thoroughly for a few days, then start with the white coats.

AFN

Ian.

And now with two light coats of Tamiya matt white. Got good coverage so looking at probably just one coat of glossy white soon.

h360e9a3.JPG

hc1423d1.JPG

h03a8645.JPG

haa24e5d.JPG

Stay tuned, more soon.

Ian.

Yeap looking good! :good:

Maybe it's the Gasser look but I like the A-4, it is a cool looking plane to me.

They flew as the Blue Angles at one time. They were a bit of a oddity for Navy Aviation because they had only one engine, Navy always wanted two engines in the jet era.

Intake lips and slat bays already sprayed Tamiya enamel red, fin flash is Xtyracolour RAF Trainer Yellow, the grey is my very old and much thinned Xtracolour Lt Gull Grey.

hfcdff0b.JPG

h3fd48a9.JPG

hea493d6.JPG

Maybe more this evening, but more likely tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back