• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Historic Plastic Models Pe-2

Jeeves

Lord only knows if I'll get it done in a month...but I will try!!
003%7E13.jpg

004%7E11.jpg

It's in the title Bob ;) Quarter scale...and no I am not cheating iambrb ;) Look at this loaded box ;)

Thanks Randy...hope I can pull it out ;)

This is going to be interesting! More sink marks than I'd like to admit in this kit. Yup...there is one for each of the following seats that you have to fix to continue...Will be interesting...even the wheels are missing holes for mounting...

c31609ea.jpg

8436700c.jpg

Thanks for looking...

I have this one in the stash and it periodically calls my name but so far I've been able to resist so I very interested in seeing how it goes together. I suspect it will be a challenge to finish in the time frame but I'm sure you can do it (y)

Just started Spring Break so if wifey lets me this week, I ought to make some progress ;)

Oopss...was supposed to do that this week and I forgot!! Guess I know what I am doing tomorrow!

Well-- here is progress of sorts...although I didn't realize the pics were this blurry until now...

Main thing is-- holy moley there are lots of sink marks! I see from there a couple that need to be filled on that ammo locker...the rear tire was the worst- I filled it in with CA and redrilled the center hole...

First up is the rear cockpit with the top gun area...sorry for the blur- I'll have to grab another shot of the nice belts HPM included...
002%7E12.jpg

Next up is the rear area for the bottom gunner and radio man I assume?
006%7E12.jpg

Front office is pretty well done-- just have to touch up the areas I see from this pic that I missed...
008%7E7.jpg

And lastly-- this variant the kit represents has two protruding guns through the nose...HPM did not represent the ports in any way, shape, or form-- so I got out the pin vise to both sides- and here is what one side looks like--well-- the other side looks the same...you know what I mean ;)
011%7E4.jpg

I'm about to close up the two halves...please say a prayer for me as there might be trouble soon ;) Don't even get me started on the kit bombs-- the bomb fin assembly is fiddly and over-engineered...might end up leaving the racks empty if I can't get them figured out...

Thanks Mike! The weird thing is they have you glue the guns to the inside of the nose but there is no mention of drilling out holes to actually see them!

Interior detail looks nice (y) The gun issue as well as locating the interior parts are just a few of the joys of these limited production kits :bang head This one would have not been my choice for a quick build based on what I had read about it but them I'm a slow builder. You seem to be making good headway so getting it done shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks guys!

Yeah...I'm halfway through the month...I'm giving it the old college try but don't want to rush it to the point of messing it up, so I'll sacrifice the campaign ribbon if needed and still post pics...gotta still get the paint too!

Back