• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some REALLY old hand painted pin ups...

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Today, I gave my son a very old bag of toy soldiers (mostly Airfix HO figures I used to buy and paint for dioramas). Inside he brought over to me something he broke. Looking at it, I was surprised that this was an Airfix B-25J nose for which I had made an open cover and painted pin ups. Obviously, this was before I transformed my collection to shark mouth aircraft:

Old_Pin_Up_001.JPG

The Airfix nose which was opened and guns added to the other side...

Old_Pin_Up__003.JPG

Close up of the nose with the closed panel. Panel lines are scribed.

Old_Pin_Up_002.JPG

Close up of my 'artist's study' panels. The one on the right has a piece missing as it is the one that was attached to the nose. It is also the one my son snapped in two. He was apologetic but I am fine with it. The memories it brought back was worth it.

Remember that these are at least 30 years old and hand painted... Teenagers and their hormones!

Thanks, I was proud back then of the work.

They were 72nd scale... past tense is used since I already tossed them away.
:woohoo:

Regards,

Back