• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Two of my works in progress

stitch_83

First photo post and it aint even a tank :blush:
It started life as a TBM-3 Airfix 1/72 kit. I added a radar, winglets on the horizontal stabs, searchlight and I (deliberatly rough) covered over the windows and ventral gun fairing. All will be explained on completion...

DSC_0001Avengerdecals.jpg

DSC_0003Avengerdecal.jpg

DSC_0005Avengerdecal.jpg

And a 1/48 Esci Mirage IIIC waiting for Alclad

DSC_0007Miragegloss.jpg

DSC_0008Miragegloss.jpg

Comments welcome

Stitch

It's a "what-if"... Radar and searchlight equipped sub hunter, North sea, late 1945.

More will be explained later :) glad you like it.

Stitch

You're only scared of the unknown! Be Brave and Spray lightly. Light misting coats work best. What color are you using? Is it going to be a pristine finish or one that's been used and abused?

I'm going to go for polished aluminium I think, it's going to be South African or Israeli and the photos I've found tend to show them pretty clean. maybe a bit of wear but not much... I'll remember about spraying lightly - thanks for the tip! How long between coats?

Hi Stitch.

These are some great looking pieces you have here. And now I know where the Mirage came from that I was looking at in your other thread (y) . It's all great work. Have you done any NMF planes before, or is it just your first time working with the Alclad? Either way it they both look to be great kits by the time you are finishe with them.

Gary B)

Hey Gary, thanks for the kind words, this is my first NMF, hence the aprehension, but as I type, I've just left the workshop with another coat of Alclad on the Mirage, and the avenger is awaiting a panel wash, so look out for my posts on the other thread!

Thanks
Stitch

ups - almost overseen this.

The paint job on the TBM looks very good.

A small trick perhaps to prevent colors from running beneath the tape; spray a very thin coat of the first color - in your case this dark gray - along the tape edges. Really a very thin coat, just to close possible gaps.

Back