• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Something different for me......

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
Hey guys,

We really had a special day at our home for the kids Sunday. Well, as you all may or may not know, we have been HUGE collectors of Joe Klopfenstein. My son was in an issue of Beckett with Joe and we have kept in touch. As a gesture to Joe for being kind to my kids I did this one and the Maximus for him. Well, Joe is now heading off to Buffalo to play for the Bills and he came by our home to pick up his figures and to play with the kids. He took the time to play basketball and throw passes and all the stuff kids love to do as well as sign autos for them and the neighborhood kids! He was also impressed with the kids collection of cards and told them he had some others he would send them. As he was leaving both my kids ran up to the truck and gave him a big hug and he was more than a PROFFESSIONAL, he was a real gentleman. What he did also was to give my kids an autographed football and a pair of game used cleats that he used for most all of the games in 2008! Here are the pictures and I would love to hear your thoughts.

I asked him what his thoughts were on the figure and he was just smiling and said it was all right and correct. Also just to show how big these guys are, I am just about 6' tall!

Now the other kicker, on Monday I had another NFL player come to my house and just hang out and sign some auto's. I have some pictures but will post them later and I will be doing a figure for him so stay tuned!

39_419000.jpg

49.jpg

48.jpg

P4100063.jpg

P4100066.jpg

P4100068.jpg

P4100069.jpg

P4100070.jpg

P4100073.jpg

P4100074.jpg

P4100076.jpg

P4100078.jpg

How cool is that?! I wish him all the best for the upcoming season.....unless he's playing against my beloved Green Bay Packers! ;) ;)

Tom

Joe you know you are sitting on a gold mine, bridging sports and model making. Model figures of sports heroes.

You're right, he is a really nice guy to do all this. I bet we know where all the neighborhood kids hang out now..

That is FABULOUS!

I am not a sports fan, but I have had my share of meeting celebs but never once crossed the models with them. In my library I still have one football signed by Tiki Barber. Funny thing is I have NEVER seen him play as I always gave away the game tickets.

With a son, I may change my attitude as your experience seems to have been a wonderful one for your kids.

Regards,

I am SOOOOOO SORRY for this late response! I actually thoght that I had replied to it. Thank you all for the very kind words and yes, my kids have been so happy to have Joe and the other guys come over and spend time with them.

Hey, Jenny
I vote for seeing a thread from Richie signing female body parts. I know, I'm already heading toward the naughty corner.

Joe,

That is soooo cool! Your boys will remember this all their lives!

Congratulations!

Oh, and congratulations on your new sculpting arrangement with my old partner! Bill Chilstrom told me! That should hone your already formidable skills!

Bob

Hey Bob,

Thank you. The boys really enjoy it and I have another player suppose to be coming over one day soon.

Thank you also on the new job. I just happened to bump into him at the hobby shop and I guess it wasbeing at the right spot at the right time. I am hoping that I do get better by doing it everyday and not just hit and miss like I have been so much as of late.

Joe

Joe,

Despite the baggage we have together, he is an honest man. to this day, I hold no hard feelings about him at all! You should learn much there!

All the best!

Bob

Hey Bob,

Thanks. I have learned a lot from you and hope to do the same from him. I just find it amazing that it has come full circle for me. In 1984 I bought the Verlinden Way 1 and moved to FL, joined your Masters and then attended shows and actually stayed at the hotel accross the street, met my wife and now have my kids and now of all things working with him and you in the past. I just hope that I can do well and make things good for all.

Joe

Hey Andy,

Thanks. It is kinda cool because it is something that I would have never even thought of doing. I am learning and hopefully in the near future there will be some new figures coming out. I have been given the chance to put my little spin on them so I hope you will like them.

Joe

Back