• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Men With Green Faces - 150mm SEAL

Yeah, I agree with you that those are not jungle boots and do closely resemble the coral shoes. When I was a Recon Marine, during amphibious reconnaissance operations, we sometimes wore a similar boot that was based on the older coral shoes. It makes sense that the sculptor would want to include that type of detail, but apparently the sculptor and the person who painted the box art were not in communications. Seems to happen sometimes in the industry.

Now start putting stuff together and paint! :)

Cheers,
James

Haven't had a lot of time at the bench of late. I did scratch a RH feed, box style 100 rd magazine and hanger to replace the 250 rd drum magazine in the kit. From what I understand, the early M63 Stoners were LH feed. As the spent casings were ejected out the LH side, there were cases of the casings jamming the feed belt. The weapon was modified to be RH feed (as in the kit) but eliminated the 100 & 150 rd drum magazines from use. The RH feed 250 rd drum was developed in China Lake and field tested just prior to the SEALs withdrawal from Vietnam. Operators found that it made the gun too heavy, unbalanced and clumsy to handle.

So with that mod, I mounted a few small parts and got a coat of primer on them.

Prime_1.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

The LURPS we picked up once from the field didn't have tiger stripes. They wore the Army cammo pattern of faded greens, black and brown. And did they stink!! The doors of the huey couldn't open up enough. They had been out in the boonies for 3 wks. Gary S.

Personaly I always think the tiger stripe to be more Iconic for the seals and lurps

Back