• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maximus from the movie Gladiator

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
Here is something I have been spending way to much time on! I had started to feel bad after this past Chicago show and ended up going on some blood pressure meds. well, the side effect is to make me really sleepy, like I need that with 2 little boys!! Then I have been down and out with the flu but it seems like things are starting to get better and hopefully I can finish up this guy really soon.

I am doing it for an American Football player. We met him a few years ago and he has really been kind to my boys and this is my way of saying thank you. Here are a few pictures and one of him and my best sculpts/boys!

CopyofCopyofP8010040.jpg

PC170705.jpg

That is awesome. The face is inedible. One of my worst skills is painting flesh. I can hardly wait to see more of this one.
James

Hey Joe
That looks terrific mate! There is much character in what seems an excellent sculpt.

What football team does your friend play for?

jknaus wrote:
That is awesome. The face is inedible.

:unsure: It's no Mac n Cheese, James :laugh: J/K

Brad

Superb facial shading Joe :)

Does it come with a sword , or a mobile phone for a weapon ? :laugh: :cheer: :woohoo:

Jenny :kiss:

Joe , after seeing this product online I didn't think it looked like Crowe .

Well now that I see someone who has excellent painting skills , ......... it's a dead ringer of the guy !!!!!

Beautiful work Joe !!!

Hey Joe:

He looks pretty good so far, except, ummm, uhhh, :hmmm :idonno

You seem to have forgotten his arms :pinch: :duh :blush:

Ok, now back to reality. This is an excellent job so far. I only wish I had 1/10th your skill.

Gary B)

Joe, the painting is just superb, as always

Please keep us updated

and I, like you, have been feeling terrible recently so I feel your pain so to speak

A

Thank you all for the very kinds words. I should have this guy wrapped up either tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks for looking.

BradJ wrote:
What football team does your friend play for?

Hey Brad,

Thanks. He used to play for the St Louis Rams but now he is playing for the Buffalo Bills.

Here is a little update on the figure.

P1010750.jpg

P1010751.jpg

That is one sweet paintjob on Maximus.The facial features are very moody and keep true to the sculpt. The red cloth is another of my favourite parts and I like the realism of it and it isn't over done with highlights.

that's just awesome joe! the tonal variations on the coat, the face, the body armor, the fur - everything top notch!

What gets me is the way the various textures appears. The cloth looks like cloth, leather, leather...Amazing work Joe.

Back