• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri F-19

stitch_83

My first past the post of 2010. It was more of a "get it done" than "do it best" build, so it's nowhere near perfect, but it looks like an F-19 and that's the plan! :D

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

PS I know the canopy is very poorly done, that's my fault, not the kit's...

Thanks for watching
:cool:
Stitch

Wow, very cool.

I don't think I've ever seen this aircraft before. :blink

I need to get out more...

*googles F-19

Haha very rare indeed - you get more results for the Commodore Amiga flight sim than the machine!!!

Thanks for the comment :)

Doubt you have seen this before Ken, this was what they thought the F117 looked like back in the early 80s when they were still testing it and scaring the bejesus out of the skywatchers out at Groom Lake.

Pretty nice little build Stitch. I've always wondered if that thing could fly.

MP I dunno it can fly, it nearly took a trip earthwards when I got rather frustrated near the end, but I don't think it'd get very far! It woulda been cool to see a real one flying though!

Stug it's wierd to imagine this as so futuristic when it was from the 80s, it still looks futuristic now!!

Stitch

moon puppy wrote:
Doubt you have seen this before Ken, this was what they thought the F117 looked like back in the early 80s when they were still testing it and scaring the bejesus out of the skywatchers out at Groom Lake.

Hah hah hah. I will always remember Senator Einstein Jr. on the Senate floor with one of these models talking about how a toy company :pinch: could get such big U.S. Airforce secrets :ermm: .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
moon puppy wrote:

Hah hah hah. I will always remember Senator Einstein Jr. on the Senate floor with one of these models talking about how a toy company :pinch: could get such big U.S. Airforce secrets :ermm: .

Gary B)

That is quite the flying machine and I believe it looks very good.

My home is about 100 miles from Groom Lake. My office is only about 10 miles from Nellis AFB. Working nights we occasionally travel upwards 100-150 miles to conduct an investigation. It is amazing just what we see sometimes flying around at 3 or 4 am.
It has gotten to the point where we just watch, shrug our shoulders and go about our business.

Case in point was a sighting three of us made one night at about 3am. We knew it was an aircraft, but exactly what, was open for discussion. Low and behold a year later photos of the "Beast of Kandahar" are released. A frikkin' stealth drone!

They are flying things out here we may never know about.

I suspect we've all seen secret flights and not even realized it, I know I've seen things flying around that I had no idea what they were.

Hey Stitch, why is it your threads that I always seem to take off topic? :mpup

moon puppy wrote:
I suspect we've all seen secret flights and not even realized it, I know I've seen things flying around that I had no idea what they were.

Hey Stitch, why is it your threads that I always seem to take off topic? :mpup

Haha I dunno man!!! This is cool off topic though - We never get anything so dramatic here in deepest darkest Scotland!!

stitch_83 wrote:
That's crazy... that close to Groom, AND having witnessed secret flights.... musta been pretty wierd!!

It will get you thinking.

My take is they deliberately fly some "black" project near a populated area. There have been a few "sightings" in northern Utah and southern Nevada in the last two years. If you plot the sightings on a map, and include the direction of flight, you find a big racetrack pattern that comes REAL close to beginning and ending in Area 51. My guess is they attempt to occasionally generate "UFO" reports to guage the public's reaction to what ever they're testing. If it's stealthy, fast, and real secret, what better way to see if you're on the right track than providing a glimpse.

Late at night in Las Vegas is like early afternoon anywhere else. McCarran Field is so busy all the time they have to stay away. The window here is between 0230 and 0430. Then again Elvis is seen several times a night in Vegas and nobody notices :eek:hmy:

G

Back