• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Hootch Maid" Vietnam 1968

James, I am really sorry to hear about your mom and wife. I have some idea of how hard that is as years ago my wife had a stroke which disabled her in a weird way and then she ended up with cancer a few months later. Later on my dad ended up with Alzheimer's. He did very well up until about the last 9 months where my mom had to put him into a nursing facility. Hopefully you have friends and family that can help out at least a little. At some point I plan on moving back to Tulsa, and hopefully I will be able to make the regionals over there next April.

Thank you. Unfortunately it is just me taking care of both of them. If it were just one person to take care of it would be a bit easier, but both at the same time can be overwhelming at times. My sister lives in Texas and has a pretty demanding work schedule, so she can't help any time soon. The only way I am able to attend the two shows in Oklahoma in June is because my stepdaughter brings my grandson up so he can attend the shows and she stays to take care of my wife and looks in on my mom.
I hope you do move back to Tulsa. I haven't been to the April shows yet, but hope to start next year. Hopefully I will get to meet you in person at one of the shows.

Back