• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

Thanks but considering scrapping this now. Not happy with much of it TBH. If i cant look back at a build and think , yes, happy with that i dont see a lot of point in carrying on
The chrome surrounds around the headlights dont really fit, they have to follow a really strange shape and they dont. The only way to fix them in place is super glue and thats fogged the glasses and attacked the blue paint. None of the windows really fit so they all have poor edges that show and nothing makes the car look more like a model than crap windows :)

This where i have got too. Its not the models fault but if i join the front to the back it doesnt even fit on my work bench :)

_DSC8996.JPG
_DSC8999.JPG
_DSC9001.JPG
_DSC9002.JPG
_DSC9003.JPG

I haven't decided yet Bob
this is the way to go on a future build.
There is a guy in the UK making a resin back for this kit so its a roadster.

s-l1600.jpg

The huge advantage with this is.....no windows, no roof and easy access to the interior for trim.

s-l1200.jpg

Then build it as a track car and you can dump all the chrome as well. Look how easy it would be to fit the dash and seats without a roof :cool:

The only question is what he does with the screen, my guess is he cuts down the kit item and the frame to suit ?

I am wondering about converting it to a roadster. Trouble is the Rear end is £100 which is almost as much as the whole kit ...

Rust over all the blemishes could be an option
I need to have a serious think...lol
EDIT
ha ha just seen the picture Piet :) maybe i dont need to go that far with the missing bits and rust ...lol

Last edited:
Thats an interesting site James, thanks for sharing.

So do i prize the lights out, clean up the hood and respray, spray the chrome bits chrome again, polish the light lenses and dip them in future to get back where i was yesterday ?... and try and re assemble.

Thats an interesting site James, thanks for sharing.

So do i prize the lights out, clean up the hood and respray, spray the chrome bits chrome again, polish the light lenses and dip them in future to get back where i was yesterday ?... and try and re assemble.
You might be flogging a dead horse at this point. Personally I would have binned it a number of steps ago, but I have no patience any more. I was hoping I could find a body for you, but did not see any files. Its a shame though what with all the work and amazing detailing you have put into it.
James

It has been 17 years since I had my by pass surgery. I have been watching your builds for that long. They never fail to impress, Paddy, no matter what or how you work through things. You are one of those top shelf modeler type of guys.

You are too kind Paul, i dont think i am any better than most here , i just have more spare time ;-)

This evening i have prized the front headlight chrome surrounds off with the lenses and glass covers, i got most of the super glue off, cleaned the inside of the glass, chiselled away at the whole lot to get a better fit and re attached the whole lot using a 2 part epoxy rather than super glue or styrene cement. I will have a look tomorrow and see if its been a success.

(Like Captain Jack Sparrow) "Each model maker must decide what a Man can do, and what Man cannot do, Savvy?
Do you invest this much time, research and talent to a vintage, quite challenging Jaguar model kit, after astounding your mates, and take the Big Baastaad to the finish, eh? P'raps not to your person'l level of satisfaction, as it were.

Or do you not? Do you step back a bit, Decide the 'ole bloody thing is a waste of precious time and toss the lot? Seems a shame, mate.

A great many "silk purses" have come from your "sow's ears" model space. Not that this one is easy. But then the "easy model build" seems not to your "forte", shall we say? Consider, for a moment, 'ow many kits go unfinished, for one reason or another ,eh? Technology, Inspiration, materials, new kits. All figger in to it, do they not?

Yor' deshishion, Paddy, me ol' chum. Now! Why is the Rum always gone? "

Have been where you are at Paddy. Have an old Tamiya 1/6 scale BMW motorcycle that was like 90% done, but could not come up with a good way to do chrome on the exhaust so it got packed up. Still have it, just need to look it over again.
You will figure out what you want to do. Excellent work so far. Sad that the kit has these issues.

Back