• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A very old figure from my past!!! Braveheart 1996!

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
I did this bust back in 1996 and it was never seen again...that is until now!!! I actually painted this one all in oils. I took it to the Atlanta show and I was very fortunate to win a gold. Then a collector saw it and asked to buy it. I sold it and had no pictures other than the one the show had taken. Well, after all these years I asked the collector if he still had it or if he had sold it. He said he thought he sold it but then later found it. I asked if I could get it back and do him something much nicer,the other reason is that I wanted to pass on to my children some of my earlier works for when they get older. I was glad to see this one arrive in the mail and will post later in the year the figure that I am going to do to replace this one.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

BH1conv.jpg

BH4conv.jpg

I like it. I'm kind of scared to do a bust as I'm sure it would show all my faults, but I kind of like some I've seen. The tartan on the other hand just terrifies me.
James

Re: A very old figure from my past!!! Braveheart 1

moon puppy wrote:
You're going to do something nicer that this? The Collector really scored!

Thanks Bob. I am actually looking forward to doing his replacement figure, it is a 54 mm Napoleonic.

Joe

Re:A very old figure from my past!!! Braveheart 19

jknaus wrote:
I like it. I'm kind of scared to do a bust as I'm sure it would show all my faults, but I kind of like some I've seen. The tartan on the other hand just terrifies me.
James

James,

I am sure you will do a really nice job, so just jump in! The tartan is not that bad. I am actually going to be painting a 3 figure vignette of highlanders from Culloden. It is going to be a joint effort between myself and Gordon Stronach, I hope I spelled it right! If you like I will do a SBS on how I paint tartans.

Joe

Joe Hudson wrote:
jknaus wrote:
James

James,

I am sure you will do a really nice job, so just jump in! The tartan is not that bad. I am actually going to be painting a 3 figure vignette of highlanders from Culloden. It is going to be a joint effort between myself and Gordon Stronach, I hope I spelled it right! If you like I will do a SBS on how I paint tartans.

Joe

That would be awesome. I saw a cool Celt that I havent bought because of the tartan pants. Might be some incentive. Still have to think hard about a bust though.
James

Joe Hudson wrote:
It is going to be a joint effort between myself and Gordon Stronach, I hope I spelled it right! If you like I will do a SBS on how I paint tartans.

Joe

Absolutely!

jknaus wrote:
Joe Hudson wrote:
jknaus wrote:
James

James,

Joe

That would be awesome. I saw a cool Celt that I havent bought because of the tartan pants. Might be some incentive. Still have to think hard about a bust though.
James

James,

Just jump in!! I used to order all my figures from the Red Lancer and ask, what is new that has not tartans!! Now I ask what is new with tartans!!

Joe

Back