• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

a little 2 pounder----UPDATE 12/31/2009

Leopard2

This is the Vulcan 1/35 2pdr QF Anti Tank gun. I got her at our clubs Christmas gift exchange last week. While I was waiting for some things to fry I thought I just start fiddling with it a little bit last night. And that's how far I got since then working on and off. This kit has a lot of detail and plenty of small parts. For some of those parts I was afraid I needed an electron microscope. The kit consists of over 100 parts on 2 sprues. Overall the detail is very nice with a very good fit. The tires itself are made up of 5 discs each plus 2 pieces for the wheel.I have a handful parts left to throw on there and then I can start dipping her in a bucket of paint. I am thinking of maybe North Africa color. The kit has no PE or decals and can be build either in firing or transport mode. I chose the latter so I don't loose the wheels. Enjoy and don't hesitate to tell me if I can improve somewhere.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

Re:a little 2 pounder

That looks super sweet so far. It should look way cool colored up as a desert 2 lbr. These are always the fun ones for me. No stress or pressure. Just open the box and put the pieces together.

Gary B)

B) SWEEEEEEEET B)

I am looking forward to building mine , ;) I have a friend who is getting a crew set sculpted for me ;)

Jenny :kiss:

Leopard2 wrote:
While I was waiting for some things to fry I...

Joe, I told you once before, when the Trumpeter box said "quick fried turret" is was just a translation typo. You're not actually supposed to fry the models.

Good work, mein Freund. Can't wait to see it finished.

jenny croft wrote:
B)I have a friend who is getting a crew set sculpted for me...

So you are not waiting for the production version of Vulcan Models crew?

2pdr_Commander01.jpg

Commander

Front_Gunner01.jpg

Gunner

Loader01.jpg

Loader

Remember that the above are of the in progress masters which I posted on March 13th of 2009 (at the old site).

Regards,

Today I got started on the painting. I also drilled out the gun sight from the gunners side, unfortunately I don't have a drill small enough for the front of the gunsight. A few more touch-ups and I can start with the weathering. I have to admit, this kit is pretty fragile and I had had a few parts fall off.

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Re:a little 2 pounder----UPDATE

It definitely is fragile! Can you post something (like a figure or coin) to give an indication of how small it is?

Regards,

Dang, Joe! Have you slept since Wednesday? :lol: Nice work on a really cool little pea shooter! (y)

And another update on my little 2pdr. I havent done much in the way of washes, filters and scratches yet so I decided to try my luck on this little one. I mean, I never learn if I never try. First I put a coat of Future on before I tried a dot-filter wash on the front of the gun shield. Next I did an oil wash with black and burnt sienna. And after that was dry I took a piece of Scotch Britt and dipped it in red brown and grey acrylic paint to try my luck with scratches. At least the scratches and the dot filter are a first for me so any suggestions for improvement are highly welcome

Joe

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Joe, I think the chips are looking good, but I think you need to try to remove some of the pin wash from the flat surfaces, leaving color in the recesses. I bought some cotton swabs (NOT Q Tips cuz they shed cotton, the good ones are made in the Far East and are really hard) and using the same thinner you mixed the wash with, dampen the swab and wipe off the excess from your model. (y)

It's really starting to look nice. And I gotta agree that you might want to reduce the pinwash effect, especially on the front panel. But it is still looking very nice.

Gary B)

THanks guys, I will keep that in mind for my next one because I already sprayed flat coat on therefore the wash is already sealed unfortunately, but next time I know better.

Joe

Tone down the "too much wash" effect with some pastel powders or dry brush the areas with your base color, since you already have it sealed. Looking pretty good, though, otherwise!

If I can make a suggestion......run a softish pencil tip over the traverse and elevation gears (the toothed section) these would have been bare metal on the real thing...otherwise, it looks great and it really is a tiny model......

Back