• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 scale Me 262

matrixone

Here is my 1/48 scale Tamiya Me 262 I finished earlier this year, the model was built O.O.B. and the markings came from the new Eagle Editions decal sheet for Me 262s used in the Czech territory in 1945.
I chose the marking option of ''Yellow 2'' of 3./KG(j)54 because of the wild looking camouflage scheme and the fun of trying to paint that on my model.
Paints used on this model were Model Master II enamel paints and they were shot with my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush.

Some pics of the model...
398135441.jpg

398135432.jpg

398135450.jpg

398135468.jpg

398135438.jpg

398135440.jpg

398135433.jpg

Matrixone

Ooohhh I like that. I have a few Trumpy 1/32 kits. Will look for those markings. Very nice (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks Andy, Dusan, and James!

James,
EagleCals makes a sheet that has these markings on it for 1/32 scale Me 262s.

Matrixone

Thanks Moon Puppy and Adam!

Moon Puppy,
Better late than never! :dude

One more pic of the Me 262...
398161592.jpg

Matrixone

Hi Les, very well done camouflage. Is it based on a pre or post war photo. That airplane is intriguing .

Cheers, Christian B)

I love the way you take your pics ... still haven't sorted which alpine mountains that could be :) ... on this one the 262 in the background which looks like having a front leg problem makes a nice touch

Thanks guys! (y)

Christian,
This Me 262 is pictured in the JaPo book about Me 262s used by the KG & KG(j) units, all pictures of it were taken after the war ended.

Matrixone

Hi Less, I sort of suspected the post war era. Still, it appears to have one of the wild paint schemes found usually found on the recon birds. The noses were reportedly interchangeable so I understand that part...
However, that does not explain the home defense markings.

Can anyone help me understand that one ?

Cheers, Christian B) Just asking ...

Christian,
This Me 262 was repainted by the Germans during the war, the wild looking paint scheme was not applied post war.
The nose with the different camouflage paint came from a different Me 262, it is thought the original nose was damaged because of a nose wheel collapse and to keep it in flying condition the nose was swapped from a grounded Me 262.

Matrixone

Thanks nsmekanik!

There is at least one more Me 262 that I want to build that wore the checkered tail band, these make for colorful looking models.

Matrixone

Back