• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Latest Aircraft

Duke Maddog

Finally after a summer of misfortune and issues, I have managed to finish one model.

This is the latest Hasegawa A-37 Dragonfly in 1/72 scale, done up as a Vietnam bird. This is the first Dragonfly I ever built too:

USAF_A_37B_Dragonfly_I.jpg

USAF_A_37B_Dragonfly_II.jpg

USAF_A_37B_Dragonfly_III.jpg

Later on I'll be trying to get some ordinance under those wings.

This was built OOB and airbrushed with Testor's Model Master paints. I added the pilots since the cockpit was rather sparse so that there was some good visual interest. It was a fun little build.

That's all the aircraft for now. Feel free to check out my latest armor and my civilian car as well.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Having worked on the T-37's ( a simple airfame ) for a while , I have always been intrigued why anyone would want to do so many mods to one . Yet, it worked :idonno

What's even stranger , is that it didn't look all that different except for what hung from the wings .

Did the SE. era one have that hump on the back ? Can't seem to recal.

Good job on a very small bird

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian! I appreciate the compliments and the stories from those who "were there" so to speak. I checked a few sources online and some had it and some didn't. I'm guessing the earlier ones did not. I added it because the instructions indicated my version did have it. Thanks again for the compliment!

Thanks Old Dog! I appreciate that.

Oooops, this one almost got by me.

They were revised again around the time the AF. Changed to the lizard paint scheme . For sure, they added the mini gun.

Rugged little bird but the AF literally flew the wings off of them .

Even though they looked alike there was a good many differences from the old tweets , but no additional space to maintain them . :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for that info Christian! It helps a lot. Was some of the information gleaned from this bird taken into account when developing the A-10? I know Hans Rudel had a bog say in that, but I was wondering if the Air Force's experience with Tweety here also helped.

Thanks for that info Christian! It helps a lot. Was some of the information gleaned from this bird taken into account when developing the A-10? I know Hans Rudel had a bog say in that, but I was wondering if the Air Force's experience with Tweety here also helped.

Don't think so . The A-37 started life as a reconfigured aircraft at hand , with coin operations in mind . Meanning combat support against lightly armed rebel armies . In the end, they were handed over to the South Vietnamies .
I need to correct my statment about the gun . Some form was present from the beggining.

The A-10 was designed around the 30 MM cannon but what the AF had in mind was killing a lot of Russian tanks and armor if things got hot in Europe . This was a pupose built aircraft .

hd0873ba.jpg

GRRRRrrrrr ! What a great aircraft (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Don't think so . The A-37 started life as a reconfigured aircraft at hand , with coin operations in mind . Meanning combat support against lightly armed rebel armies . In the end, they were handed over to the South Vietnamies .
I need to correct my statment about the gun . Some form was present from the beggining.

The A-10 was designed around the 30 MM cannon but what the AF had in mind was killing a lot of Russian tanks and armor if things got hot in Europe . This was a pupose built aircraft .

hd0873ba.jpg

GRRRRrrrrr ! What a great aircraft (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

That's right, much like the F14, the aircraft was design for the weapon system. :pilot

Back