• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Pro Modeler Ju 52

Paulw

I decided to get into this yesterday and only felt like getting the least amount done. I painted the ip black. That was about it because I am having difficulties seeing the small stuff even with my magnifiers. so I just buckled down today and even with a good two hour nap managed to get most of the cockpit done and the wing halves together. There was a small issue with fit concerning the bottom of the fuselage to the side panels but some clamping pressure and some Weld-Bond it came out pretty nice.

url=https://postimg.org/image/ie2659u2f/]
IMG_1043.jpg
[/url]

I haven't any idea what scheme I will choose since the decals with this kit are pretty trashy but I'll come up with something.

Cheers

Nice job Paul. I've got this same beastie in the stash. Looking forward to what you come up with for the scheme :popcorn

Same story here Ryan. All that I have seen on this kit is that it looks very nice and seems to build into a decent Ju52.

So far so good Paul Looking real nice!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks, guys but here I am with the fuse closed and wondering what to do for a scheme. Winter, Tropical , splinter or something all together different I would like to keep the wheel pants on but most late war 52s didn't have those items.

I masked the windows yesterday and sprayed some RLM 80 on the fuse and wings. Then I found out that I assembled one set of windows 180 deg out and it is pretty noticeable. Next were the engines. I did the port and starboard ones. I shot the RLM 76 underneath and topped off with the yellow on the tail, wing tips and main engine cowling.

I figured that the green would be a good base color since I didn't have the proper shades as what is called for. From here I can go tropical, winter or what ever. I am leaning more tiger stripe-ish tropical scheme from one of the early war Italian campaigns.

Cheers

Why not one for the movie campaign? Wait, do we have one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhRTiLY6YME

Where Eagles Dare... sad to see the destroyed Kubels and Texans...

Regards,

It's a little bit late for me to change to this, Saul. And I was just thinking about this particular film today.

I am leaning more tiger stripe-ish tropical scheme from one of the early war Italian campaigns.

Greece perhaps?
ju52-6-Junkers-Ju-52-3m-Stab-IV.KGrzbV1-1ZBF-Greece-May-1941-Junkers-Ju-52-3m-Stab-IV.KGrzbV1-1ZBF-Greece-May-1941-01-960x641.jpg

Only one Ju-52/3m received a temporary camouflage scheme (available on PrintScale's decal sheet)

h87fc910.jpg

This one looks like it did but it was all the South African's doing (they captured it, note the DF ball on top)

hc5ceece.jpg

regards,

I am leaning more tiger stripe-ish tropical scheme from one of the early war Italian campaigns.

Greece perhaps?
ju52-6-Junkers-Ju-52-3m-Stab-IV.KGrzbV1-1ZBF-Greece-May-1941-Junkers-Ju-52-3m-Stab-IV.KGrzbV1-1ZBF-Greece-May-1941-01-960x641.jpg

Only one Ju-52/3m received a temporary camouflage scheme (available on PrintScale's decal sheet)

h87fc910.jpg

This one looks like it did but it was all the South African's doing (they captured it, note the DF ball on top)

hc5ceece.jpg

regards,

I am leaning twards something like the second one down.
But not exactly the same scheme. different colored cowls and yellow tail.
Sort of a whiffer but based on this pic.

Some touch ups are needed but this is pretty much how I envisioned the winter scheme. It's not replicating any one particular aircraft because. 1. I don't have any relevant decals for an actual aircraft. 2. It is hard for me to duplicate exactly what livery a particular air craft my carry.

Random stripes were done with rolls of Clever putty, smart putty, panzer putty but basically silly putty.

had58ee8.JPG

h574911c.JPG

hd00b474.JPG

h7d9b629.JPG

The issues that were the most problematic with this kit were as follows:

Landing gear struts. You have to drill extra holes to ensure that the struts have a good anchor point as there are only one set of holes for one part of the gear assembly. There should be three.

Bulkheads. I would recommend sanding them or contouring them down some so the top cover of the fuselage fits better.

Horizontal stab. The tab fit is loose so use a good bonding cement to make sure it is square with the fuselage. I didn't and by the time I got back to the build they have already went their own way of setting up and not they are off square.

The engines. Make sure that the exhaust is spread wide enough so that they allow a firm connection between the back of the engine and the mounting surface on the wings and fuselage. If not then it will squeeze the whole assembly and separate the glue bond. On the last two issues I would recommend tube glue or a good CA.

AS it sits right now I just couldn't help not showing this build even though I have yet to put on the niggly bits. I have yet to install the gunners position, the antennas, oil coolers and generator. AS I have said before. I was after the look of what I thought in my mind's eye what one of these would look like and that this build is not an accurate representation of any one air craft. I hope that these pics are pleasing to you and I will have a better photo feature after all is done.

That is one great looking build there Paul! Looks like it came out really nice! Sorry to hear you had some problems, but it looks like you were able to get it where you wanted.

(y) (y)

Back