• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:32 Hasegawa P-47 * * DONE * *

ij001

hda8fd70.jpg

Y'see this is what happens when I'm left without supervision... I wander around the cave opening boxes and then 'tinkering' with the contents, and before you know it, there's another project about to hit the bench...

:pilot

Ian.

Go big or go...

Hmm :hmmm

I have the Eduard release of this kit with special decals etc. The "Dottie Mae". This might make me join you in a big P-47 build Ian.

I will be watchin'. :popcorn

Go big or go...

more tinkering:

h8dc98b4.jpg

h47cde0a.jpg

More next week, have a good weekend everyone.

Ian.

1:32 Hasegawa P-47

Since I'm re-rolling at NZCG, there's quite a bit of down-time before the I can stuck-in to my new job. So whilst I've got some time to m'self, I can spend more time playing with bits of plastic AND doing the chores !!.

Today's progress is all about gettin' it all together.

h99c2ea5.jpg

h21e6842.jpg

The only AM in the 'pit, Eduards pre-painted belts (all tightening straps & buckles individually threaded).

The pit itself isn't exceptionally detailed, but looks busy enough - I made my own 'Dull Dark Green' for the interior with Tamiya's Deep Green and around 25% Dark Blue.

h836aae5.jpg

hbae39cd.jpg

hf20cec9.jpg

h5e346db.jpg

h71966c8.jpg

hd119858.jpg

More in a min'....

Ian.

hf37b1bb.jpg

hdc917f7.jpg

h73f416f.jpg

As I'm writing this, the fuselage is filled, sanded, polished and rescribed where needed. My start point tomorrow is here:

h0fe03e2.jpg

Wings are all sanded-down and polished the wing/fuselage join will need filling etc in the morning, but given it's a very easy joint, it won't be any sort of problem, I hope. Because this is going to be a NMF machine, I'm using Squadron fine 'White Stuff' instead of the usual course 'Green Stuff'.

Stay tuned, folks, more tomorrow I hope.

Ian.

Thanks matey, haven't seen you around for a while... you OK ??

Ian.

Yeah all good just had a full plate over the last year/year and a half but seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

Some more progress:

h9ec7ef8.jpg

Main construction all done, filled, sanded and polished. Wings & fin masked ready for stripes - and you will NEVER see my bench this messy ever again. Hate working like this, I'm really 'anal' about keeping the work-area as tidy as possible.

hb7fc641.jpg

h1425ea1.jpg

h3e4ea61.jpg

hb1c9bbd.jpg

Stripes done, ready for base-coat. Going to try AK's enamel black base coat for the first time instead of my usual Tamiya glossy black acrylic. Hopefully I can get that done later today when the sunshine warms the cave a little more.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back